GERN modellers...

Discussion in 'Trackside Photos & Details' started by doctorwayne, Dec 23, 2007.

1. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Shaun, it's nice to see the progress you've made. :thumb::thumb:

2. conrailmike

conrailmike Member

Wow! I never would've thought that Fluxide Halothane would have other uses besides Ethanol!:thumb:
  3. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Absolutely BRILLIANT! :thumb: :thumb: sign1

4. nolatron

nolatron Member

GERN has all kinds of crazy things up their sleeves! :mrgreen:
  5. nolatron

nolatron Member

Sounds cool, I know! I heard one customer is using it to transport whales. sign1
  6. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Wayne, did you have a thread with Gern graphics posted once a upon a time?
    If not, would you be willing to get a straight shot of your old styled "If Its Gern Its Good" black and white building mural sign? I'd like to replicate it on the side of a building of mine.

7. I went out to look at the new Gern plant thats when i herd a lone heavy pounding from behind me i turned around and saw a load bound for the plant. My guess is the boxcar (Mr Genson spotting the car?) is supplies for the plant and the new silos are in. After lunch i came back and the silos were put up. So it looks that things are underway at the plant:mrgreen:

Attached Files:

8. doctorwayne

:eek::eek::eek: Wow!! That's really rapid progress, Harry! ;):-D:-D

Ralph, I'll see if I can get a decent shot of that sign this evening and forward it on to you. :-D

9. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

GERN of Southern WI...

Wholly smokes, i thought i posted these shots in this thread, but after re-reading it i see i haven't:oops: . i started my GERN back on 2/13/08, i got as far as the pic below, and got sidetracked with a multitude of other projects:rolleyes: ...:oops: , i have recently started back on this project and hope to have more progress pics up by this coming weekend:winki: .

As you can see GERN of Southern WI has been doing GREAT, they have expanded with a NEW building, giving GERN more factory space and a larger distribution center:thumb: .
    With the expansion of GERN, Rock Valley has seen a 3% increase in jobs, and GERN has become UP's #1 client in the area, it just goes to show you, "If its GERN, IT'S GOOD!":twisted:

10. doctorwayne

I really like the understated weathering job that you did on that boxcar, Dean. :thumb::thumb: Nice simple paint scheme, too - very GERN-like. ;):-D

11. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

THANKS Wayne:smilie: , i have another boxcar kit just like that one, and have recently acquired more lettering, i plan on doing one more, a little different though:twisted: , but i would like to get a little further along on my GERN plant first:winki: .
  12. Nice plant you got there. Hmm now i wonder if Gern will look into its own line of tractor trailers?????:p
  13. doctorwayne

I did have an old Athearn trailer lettered for GERN, but it was sold many years ago. While most GERN products usually travel by rail for the greater part of their journey, GERN was in the forefront of development of a flux distribution system based on transport Zeppelins. In the 1920s, the Research and Development boys managed to create a flux-modified air that was 3% lighter than conventional air. Unfortunately, "lighter" did not mean less dense, but rather "light", as in "lite" - it tasted great and was 3% less filling. While Zeppelin research was suspended in 1939, when Canada went to war, it resumed after hostilities ceased, and led eventually to the development of GERN-Brand Transparent Aluminum.

14. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

How sweet the ayre

The use of GERN flux as a bag treatment makes bagpipes sound 3% sweeter. If blown in GERN lite air, they sound up to 3.7% sweeter.
  15. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

...Transparent aluminium, "lite" air, sweeter music....?? :eek:

Has somebody found a new use for the amazin' flux...the smoking kind..?? :twisted:
  16. doctorwayne

Aye, but it's a long way to the top if ya wanna rock 'n' roll! ;):p:p:-D

17. doctorwayne

Hey, Gus, since we're talkin' music, wasn't it Brownsville Station that did "Smokin' in the Boys' Room"? ;):p:p:-D

18. DeckRoid

DeckRoid Member

I know I have an ad in my 1950s Life magazines with Mal Pall and Jockey cigarettes that vaunt the enjoyment of GERN tobacco products.

Things like "Guard against scratchy throat with Mall Pall cigarettes. GERN tobacco makes it 3% smoother!" and "More doctors smoke Jockey cigarettes, now imbued with GERN tobacco! 3% more enjoyable."
  19. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Wayne...It sure enough was...Though I can't figure out if it was a B'ville, TX group.....Whoever they were...I'm sure they did a little smokin' of everything they could get their hands on....Including the fabulous flux....
  20. doctorwayne

Gus, I think that the band was from Michigan. :-D