German Railwaystation "Klingenmuenster"

Hello all,

actually, I'm working on a part of a modular layout from our local modeltrain-club.

As we started to build this layout many years ago, we've tried to rebuild a abondend line from our region. The branchline from Rohrbach to Klingenmuenster is only 9.5km long. The layout is designed to present it on shows or conventions. Normaly, we've shown our layout in the weeks around X-mas.

In the spring 2005, we've got two aerial view of the end of the line and compared this with our layout. There were so many differences to the original, so I've startes to rebuild the station. I'm trying to get the old orignial back with so many details that I can realize.

The first step was to build all needed buildings along the station including stationbuilding (not finised yet), enginehouse, goodssheed and some other buidlings. Some time ago, I've started a own thread how I creat buildings.
http://www.the-gauge.com/thread14672-how-to-make-buildings-the-modern-way.html

Here are some pictures of my work done so far:

15KL_2.jpg

At first an Overall-view.

15KL_4.jpg

The finised part of the first modul.

15KL_5.jpg

15KL_6.jpg

Looks good... dosen't? :)

15KL_1.jpg

Sone details between the tracks. The silver shining stripes are covering the drawing wires to the turnouts (not functional ;) ).

15KL_7.jpg

In the left corner... The old aerial view... And in the right corner... My version in H0-scale.

Gerd

Here is the next part...

last week, I've nearly finished the first and second modul. Here are some new pictures.

15KL_8.jpg

15KL_9.jpg

15KL_11.jpg

This is the second modul. It was easy to model, because most of the layout is balast or fields.

15KL_10.jpg

This is the new cornfield from Busch. It looks very nice.

15KL_13.jpg

This are both finished moduls together. I like it.
15KL_14.jpg

I've also got good process with the station building. The first 124 parts are assembled and colored. Next will be the roof.

Gruß vom Gerd

interurban said:
:thumb:
It`s allways nice to get the big job done , then you can spend a life time on the little things :D

So it is :thumb: And many parts are still missing :rolleyes:
But a modelrailroad will never be finished.

How to make grasfields... My father has built a tool, to load the gras electrically, so it will stand upright on the layout.
You will find a guidance below this link http://www.finescale.org/howtos/elektrostat/elektrostat.html

So long, Gerd