German Kellogg's Cereal Box Models

Szdfan

Feb 24, 2012
As I get into card modeling, I'd like to build a few examples of card models that I played with as a child, but unfortunately were gotten rid of a long time ago (I didn't appreciate what I had back then. :()

I spent part of my childhood in West Berlin and I remember a series of card models in the mid-1980's printed on the back of Kellogg's cereal boxes. They were background false fronts at 1:87 scale of traditional German houses.

Does anybody know the story behind this? Does anybody know what I'm talking about? Is there any chance that they have been reprinted somewhere?

Z

Zathros

I had a cousin serving in Germany who told me of these, but I have never seen them, sorry! If you are looking for some kind of house particularly , post it. I am sure someone can steer you in the right direction. A Member here named Mauther creates some beautiful houses and scenes. You have to see it to believe it. Check out his website. It's all FREE by the way. Excellent and FREE! A great combination! There is so much there! :)

http://papermau.blogspot.com/

Szdfan

Feb 24, 2012
I'm not looking at a particular house at the moment -- I'm hunting these for the nostalgia factor. I've been to papermau before -- what a gluttony of riches! :)

Thanks for the tip, I didn't realize he took requests.