General Battery question

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by fozz18, Aug 3, 2005.

1. fozz18

fozz18 Guest

I have always used stadium trucks and recently bought Calsonic Skyline GT-R 2003 (TT01) and been driving it for a couple of days. I have noticed that ny batteries last 4 times as long in my drifter than my stadium truck. I belive the motors are close to the same turns, possibly the gearing is much different. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this difference.
  2. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Yes. There will be a WORLD of differance in everything between stadium and street cars. One of the main reasons i think this is that in a touring car, the motor connects right to the drive shaft, thus pusing the wheels. Stadium trucks have a tranny, making 4 gears, thus creating more friction, and more things need turned, useing more power, resulting in less run time.

I have been wondering exacty why its such a dramatic differance myself. I have been trying to figure this out for an estensively long time.
  3. fozz18

fozz18 Guest

battery

I tell you, the drifting sport is way more fun than off road. More skill and you get alot more run time. Not to mention cool factor.
  4. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Eh, my T-maxx is pertty freaking awsome. I know my TC3 sure cant survive no off building jumps... :shock:
  5. fozz18

fozz18 Guest

trucks are cool

I have a stadium truck also but in comparison To me drifting is better. But that does not mean that drifting is better than off road, just not my thing anymore.
  6. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Lol, t-maxx is no stadium truck. This is a 2 spd 60mph nitro awd monster! Theres no way my RC10T's could survive going off the house! Lol. Drifting is fun, however, to each their own
  7. fozz18

fozz18 Guest

drift

I saw somewhere a guy had his nitro buggy and jumped it over his garage and it was fine, it even landed on all four.
  8. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Josh Cyrul... 1/8th scale... I have a t maxx being thrown down a hill and not survivng, then caught fire, then they poured hot sauce on it. It was great...
  9. fozz18

fozz18 Guest

tmaxx

I have one for sale if your interested. aluminum everything, new body, tons of tools starters chargers and more. you want pics let me know $450.00. Lots of upgrades.
  10. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Imterested, about $400 short ;) THanks tho. I think that 100 RC Cars is plenty for now... i think it will be a LONG time before my next one.