Gemini-Atlas & Mercury Redstone

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by scobie48, Apr 25, 2008.

1. scobie48

scobie48 New Member

A couple of other builds I have done 4&5.. the Mercury Redstone and Gemini-Atlas Had fun with these they where fairly easy to do except for the tower section of the Mercury-Redstone took 3 try's!!! but finally

Attached Files:

2. Good job on the stand. I couldn't get mine to wrk right. it was tto flimsy. I had to re-inforce it with side supports. Also over time it warped
  3. scobie48

scobie48 New Member

Hi Tim thanks for the comment I just tripled the card stock I was using. this is also 1/48th...
  4. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Hi scobie48,

Very nice job on the fins of the Mercury-Redstone 1:48 model (by Michael Urban) - those are quite hard, with many internal pieces.

Great models, both of them.
    Bengt in Stockholm :thumb:
  5. jagolden

jagolden Guest

Nice job on the Gemini engines!

Can you tell us where they came from? Jon Leslies site?
  6. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

Have you a close-up of the escape tower? From a distance it appears to be quite a piece of work!
  7. gpw

gpw Member

Hi Scobie48,

excellent job on both models - they look really good. I built both some time before. I agree, the Mercury escape tower section was really challenging - three attempts for cutting it is not so bad. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

8. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Model Links

Here is the link to Michael Urban´s CardInSpace/Urban Kartonmodelle web site
    - the detailed Mercury Redstone in 1:48 is probably the finest there is at the moment: Urban Kartonmodelle - Mercury Redstone

I am hoping that he will some day find some time to design some of the Apollo models, for example the Saturn 1B launcher.

The Gemini-Titan II 1:48 model, by the very talented Dutch designer Ton Noteboom, can indeed be found at Jonathan Leslie´s excellent site:
    Pick the newest version, with improved graphics!

Bengt :thumb:
  9. scobie48

scobie48 New Member

I don't have a close up of the tower yet. still trying to refine my photography. need to do final details on the tower. As far as where I got them Bengt posted the links for both of them. The Mercury-Redstone is from Cards in space. The Gemini-Atlas is from jleslies site.
  10. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

What kind of camera are you shooting with? Does it have manual override, which means can you set the aperture and shutter speed as you desire.\? Tell me the kind of camera and I can help you refine your photography.
  11. scobie48

scobie48 New Member

I use A Fujifilm S3000 Digital 3.2 megapixal. I have not used the camera very much using the macro settings. As I said before its just a matter of fine tuning my photography. trying to get the lighting right and how close I can get to an object. I have tried using it with the flash but it is really to bright!! So I am trying to use different light sources.