GEMINI 10 & Agena Target Vehicle

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by londonbluemisty, Jan 20, 2008.

1. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Hi to all:mrgreen:
    A few photo's of my latest builds....
    Delta 7's GEMINI 10 and the Agena 10 Target Vehicle 1/24 scale.
    As you can see I have made the stands so that I can display the models Docked Or Undocked:twisted:

Attached Files:

• gt1.jpg
      File size:
      209.7 KB
    • gt2.jpg
      File size:
      221.6 KB
    • gt3.jpg
      File size:
      187.3 KB
    • gt4.jpg
      File size:
      160.2 KB
    • gt5.jpg
      File size:
      115 KB
    • gt6.jpg
      File size:
      157.9 KB
  2. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

Fantastic work!!!!!!!!!!! Nice clean builds, and wonderful photos showing them off..:thumb:
  3. exzealot

exzealot Member

Very nice build! I especially like the way you improvised the docking manouver.

4. dhanners

dhanners Member

Really nice work! Thanks for sharing the photos. The Delta 7 models are a good offering, and you've done an excellent build-up of them!
  5. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

I have to agree with the group that you did an outstanding modeling job. Your use of the twin stands allowing docked / undocked display really makes your work shine.

I just finished one of Michael Collins' books where he discusses the Gemini 10 mission and his spacewalk. The Gemini era was such an exciting period.

Thanks for posting the photos.
  6. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

My main reason for picking this flight was I have just finished reading 'Carrying the Fire' by Michael Collins

Thanks to everyone for your words of encouragement:thumb::thumb:

7. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Nice work

Reallu clean and precise kit, I wish that the Apollo Program CD was available too...

John John
  8. fructose

fructose Member

Looks good! Very clean build. I like it.
  9. gpw

gpw Member

That`s fantastic work and a very nice docking arrangement.
    Thank you for the wonderful photos. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

10. davelant

davelant Member

Could you say a word or two about the small scale Gemini visible in the first two pictures?
  11. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

That was my question, too. At first glance, I thought the small model was posed in front of a real vehicle, such was the quality and photography of your build. I just love to be fooled into thinking models are the real thing. Kudos on your excellent work!
  12. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

This is cool to see this - in that - I built the Ertl plastic model back in the 60's... This is so neat!! and yeah - I'd like to hear more about the smaller model too...... and I like the "docked" display!!!
  13. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

The Gemini Capsule is from my 1/96 Gemini-Titan build by T.Noteboom:mrgreen:
    I placed it in shot to compare it with the size of the 1/24 Gemini:eek:
    Hope this answers your question??

14. George B

George B Senior Member

Beautiful collection!!!

Wayne, as always your latest build is beautiful! That collection of yours is getting bigger and bigger by the week.:thumb:

Any plans on building an extension to the house to display them all? :)

15. Having built and sold about twenty of these in different versions, I must say you did a very nice job. Very clean and I like the way you displayed them. Have you built the cockpit version?
  16. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Gemini 4 is printed and ready to be built:mrgreen:
    I do not know whether to reverse the hatch image,print it and have both hatches open or just leave it as one??:confused:
    Both open would certainly show the interior off better!!

17. I have built it both ways several times. I also blew it up to1/12th scale as well. I think both doors is a much better choice. If you do one door you you have built half of the cockpit for nothing as it is barely visible thru the single door. The seats are no small task so to build and to not have it visible is not too rewarding. The extra door is not that difficult to build.