Geli-Original Nr. 70 Saab J 35 'Ostarrichi'

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Scrootch, May 7, 2007.

1. Scrootch

Scrootch New Member

Hello Folks!

at the filebase of you can now download the 70th Geli model, the Saab J 35 Draken 'Ostarrichi'. The model has scaled 1:33. At this time there is only th geman language version online. But an english version (speech and papersize) will be online soon.
    Thank to cyana for the recoloring an Mr. Wittrich for the permission to distribution at

Before you can download the 'Ostarrichi'-Draken you have to register first.

Best regards

on behalf of the
  2. putzes

putzes New Member

3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Nice looking model! Thank you to the Team!

4. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

I've tried three times to download this one. Still on dial up, and the blasted thing stops short at about 6 megs each time. Getright won't work, either. I don't suppose someone could send me a zipped copy? (to my username at ay oh ell)

Scott K.

Got it, Thanks, Rick!
  5. korvette

korvette Member

9.6 megs - the size of the file. Just to be honest:)

Don´t miss this Austrian special....
  6. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Thank you, René. That's a beautiful model and looks like it will be huge when assembled. For those having problems downloading, I recommend the Firefox web browser with the Down Them All download manager plug-in. It provides the most reliable downloads I have ever experienced.
  7. Scrootch

Scrootch New Member

Hello BARX2,

we have to thank the constructor Mr. Wittrich from Austria for the construction and the permission to distribute the 'Ostarrichi' and also cyana for the recolouring and his commitment that made that all possible.

The model is 28,5m (11 in) wide and 46,5cm (18 in) long.
  8. korvette

korvette Member

Thank you all for your interest in this special issue of a Geli model. It happens not very often, that someone (Mr. Wittrich) or a company (Geli Modellbau Klagenfurt) allows cardmodels enthusiast to publish a redesigned model like this for free - just for the fans of Geli cardmodels.

In a few days we will have a lot of built models and pictures of them on
  9. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

GELI 70 J-35 Draken in "Ostarrichi" Livery

Thank you, René and Cyana!

The J-35 Draken holds a special place in my heart. I think it is one of the most beautiful jet fighter designs. There are many Draken aircraft in museums in Sweden now and it is a pity that it cannot be seen in the air anymore. The somewhat crash-prone third generation jet fighter JAS-39 'Gripen' has succeeded both the 'Draken' and the 'Viggen' designs.

The restoration of the GELI model is a highly commendable undertaking.

All the best,
    Bengt in Stockholm :D
  10. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

WOW! Thanks!

Not to sound greedy............. but will there be other GELI models released?

It seems that if this PDF does good maybe they (all the GELI models) can be revived in digital format.............I for one would be willing to pay for them!

They modeled some subjects that are either hard to find or not modeled by anyone else.............. it would really be ashame to loose these forever................

11. Scrootch

Scrootch New Member

Hello Folks,

for our English speaking Geli-Friends our member cyana has finished a englishspeaking version of the "Ostarrichi"-Draken, that we are allowed to distribut as free download.
    Even the papersize is changed for our English speaking friends ... the papersize is now Letter!

Best regards

12. malachite

malachite Member

Thank you

I wish to add my thanks for making this model available for download. Just a small question, as an English speaking member in the UK how do I print this model onto European A4 card and retain the scale?
  13. Texman

Texman Guest

My way, I would print the original version, then just use the english version for the instructions.

But thats just me.

14. putzes

putzes New Member

I agree with Texman - print of the original version only the sheets with the parts and of the English version only the instructions (a little bit difficult but due to different international norms :roll: ). I nevertheless think that instructions are not necessary - you start with part 4 (which is the only fuselage part with TWO formers) and continue to both ends.

I add Mischa "Cyana" Klement's introduction from

Micro and Nano edition are on one sheet - I think A4. And yes - they can be built! Here a first impression of my Ostarrichi Draken in 1/200 scale. Length w/o antenna is less than 7cm / 2.75inch.

Old Rutz
  15. Texman

Texman Guest

That is so cool. I'm glad to see what it will look like shrunk down.

Thanks for your work for us

16. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Funny. Makes up for my inability to get this model... lol makes up for it greatly :D
  17. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

GELI J-35 Draken Model in 'Ostarrichi' livery

Hey Steve!

Send me a PM (with your e-mail address) or e-mail me at: and I will mail the Draken files to you pronto.

That´s what friends are for . . .
    All the best,
    Bengt :D
  18. malachite

malachite Member

GELI J-35 Draken Model in 'Ostarrichi' livery

Hey Guys,
    Can anyone help me?
    I seem to only be able to access the english version on letter size. Where do I find the German A4 version?
  19. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

And if they are on this side of the ocean I volunteer to carry out the punishment.
  20. putzes

putzes New Member