Gefahren's younger sister

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by elf, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elf

elf Member

Well as one can see i am Gefahren's younger sister and he has introduced me to paper models that i find to be a hobby that i may enjoy greatly. I am intrested in animals and things that make you stop and look things that are out of the ordinary and of great detail things from animes as well as tanks and planes. I have a special love for frogs, their form is lovely to me. I hope to find some intresting things here and pick up a new hobby to take up my time when i should be studying but never am.
  2. Darwin

Darwin Member

Welcome to the group, Elf. I hope you enjoy your time here.
  3. elf

elf Member

doomed? what is it that you mean by you like your doomed projects the best
  4. cbg

cbg Member

Willkomen zum Forum, Elf! Bitte, klicken Sie hier fur viele Karton-Tiere. yamaha paper craft

Meine Tochter hat den Zebra gemacht (gebaut?). Das schecht ist, aber keine Frogs...
  5. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

Welcome Elf!
  6. Darwin

Darwin Member

Those projects that others say cannot be done....such as make a good looking model from a junior technician magazine, an old Maly Modelarz kit, a Geli kit, etc. Guess I'm really a contrary at heart.
  7. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Welcome aboard elf! :grin:

If your work is half as good as your bothers' I'm expecting some nice pieces! Look forward to seeing some of your animal builds soon. There are some really nice free downloads if you don't mind looking and figuring out the Japanese instructions!:-D

When you see your bother tell him the display was a big hit and I had to fight to get his models back. Everybody wanted them!
    But not to worry I came home with them!:twisted:
  8. rickstef

rickstef Guest

9. elf

elf Member

thank you very much i am downloading it now
  10. elf

elf Member

i have completed my first model and well the frog was finished rather quickly annnndddd......its ok it wasnt made to be complete nor perfect so im going to print another and make this one a slight bit differently getting rid of the tabs in some places and painting it to further hide seams that have lil dotted lines as well as the fold here dotted lines....and i started on a potted plant that looks more promising in realism
  11. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Doomed project? Defined as any project started by Wunwinglow. And that's official!

Welcome to the clan!

12. elf

elf Member

im slowly working on a little motercycle that looks like its going to be really neat and i need to know where i can get something small that would deposit the glue in tiny places in a neat and orderly fashion...what can i use from where
  13. hpept

hpept Member

what about a disposable syringe? Just keep the needle capped to avoid the glue hardening inside... and if it does, just discard it and use another. Needles come in a different variety of gauges... you can use those used for horses injections, which are bigger than those for humans.
  14. elf

elf Member

but where do i find such and how much do they cost and if its pointy i bet somehow my lil dingy self will manage to get hurt i dont know how i dont know why ....but im a clutz
  15. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Hello and Welcome, Elf!

Hello Elf and Welcome to the Nut House, ahem, Forum! :grin:

I usually put some glue in a small container with a lid and for gluing a real small spot I use a toothpick.
    Just sticking the tip of the toothpick in, you still get a drop on the end of it, which is too much.
    I then put the toothpick against the inside wall of the container and spin it with my finger tips till I have just the right amount of glue on it.
    It takes a little practice but you'll get the hang of it quickly and toothpicks are cheap.
    It can be time consuming if you have a lot of small spots to glue, but I have not tried the syringe yet.
    You can probably get one at the local pharmacy, just talk to the pharmacist and explain why you need it.
    I don't know how much one costs, like I said I have yet to try it but I am sure they don't cost much at all.
    Do you have any friends who are diabetic? If you do, I'm sure they wouldn't mind giving you one and that would be free! :grin:
    You could also buy the cheapest, smallest paint brush you can find and trim it down some with scissors.
    I buy a pack of 12 small brushes for $1 at a hobby store.

I hope some of this helps you.
    Post some pictures of your models too! I'm sure everyone here would love to see them.
    Again, Welcome!
  16. elf

elf Member

thank you ive started using an oversized needle that of course is bout the size of a toothpick and just holding the bottle of glue inbetween my feet and squeezing it just a lil whenever i need another small blip (things where i use my feet like that is why my bf picks on me and calls me monkey feet and gets me stuffed monkeys for valentines) and i am currently working on this little motercycle and a trebuchet and thoe im a beginner i couldnt stand any more under 2 hour things plus the didnt look that good once you picked them up and saw the lack of detail in areas where the crater knew it wouldnt be seen
  17. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

A "Blip", I like the sound of that. If it's not in the dictionary, it should be! :grin:
    Your going to tackle a Yamaha?!?
    I wish you luck, I've downloaded all of them, but I havn't tried one yet.
    I think I need to develop my skills a little more first, but they are near the top of my "ta do" list.
  18. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Well...I'm only a MONTH late saying hello...
    Welcome Elf from Earth!...really nice planet...been there!
    Good luck on that Yamaha, you are a brave soul. The most sheets printed on any paper model I have built so far was 21? and it was a simple Christmas Tree from Canon (see pic at link below). I have downloaded over 5000 free models but have built only a select few.
    Anyway, Welcome to the forum.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.