Geep scrapping

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
A month or so ago I requested pictures of engines being scrapped. Surprising enough there's one right in my own back yard. This is an ex- Kansas cental GP-10 that a local scrap metals dealer is ripping apart (slowly)These pictures were taken at the end of January
adz.sized.jpg

aea.sized.jpg

aeb.sized.jpg

These were taken just last week
aee.jpg

You can see buckets placed over the exhaust to keep rain water from getting into the deisel engine
aei.jpg

ael.jpg

Finally the loading area for the gondolas using an excavator with a magnet.
aen.jpg

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Ohhhh, look at that. As a confirmed Geep fan these are hard to view. I once saw a photo of a PA in a scrap yard that had the grafitti inscription "So long my fren". It seems apt in this case as well. One thing though, were I to have seen such a sight I'd be asking if they'd sell me some or all of the control stand. I'd love to have the throttle handle or more to possibly create a working control stand with another power pack on my layout.
Ralph

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Sorry, acorrding to another modeler in my club who climbed all over the poor fellw before it's long hood was remove the control stand, number boards and every data plate had been removed already.

shortliner

Dec 23, 2004
Glen, have you done a search on Google for "Larry's Truck and Electric" ? it should also come up with a listing for images scattered elsewhere on the internet. Also a look on Carl's Micro layout site for "riptrack" and Garry's Truck and Electric, which are suggestions for modelling a "scrappy" facility
Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands