GeeBee Z

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Texman, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Texman

Texman Guest

For your pleasure, I just uploaded some pics of a 1/105 scale
    Fiddlers Green GeeBee Z. The wingspan is 2.75 inches,
    the rigging is .004 nylon thread, and the engine was modified
    with 9 rolled cylinders, firewall, and crankcase.

Hope you enjoy

2. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Nice little model in a nice little scale 8v) The engine detail looks great. I did both of the FG GeeBees in 1:200th scale for a the owner of a local hobby shop several years ago. He wanted them to be part of a doll house display he put up. I used regular bond paper for the models, but I didn't do any engine detail or rigging for the models. The odd thing about the models was a couple of weeks after he put the two planes in the display, someone came along and offered him $20 for both of the models. Turned out the guy was a GeeBee fanatic and collected anything and everything regarding the racers.
  3. lunarhighway

lunarhighway Member

"great" looking model texman :) nice to see some small models here too... Funny, actually one of the first paper models i build was the FG geebee in 1/144 scale....and that was more than small enough for me:)...i never managed to use the multi piece clow so i used a single cilinder of paper and forced it to shape over the back of a pen...came out looking ok... i actually used a few of my hairs for the rigging wires....autch

sadly the model had a little accident (can't have a big accident at that scale anyway) so it is no more:(

but seeing your post makes me want to try it again!