GeeBee FreeBee

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by jasco, Jan 14, 2007.

1. jasco

jasco Member

Just noticed this on the web. I don't know if it's been posted before or not so, here goes:

If this is an inappropriate post, someone please tell me before lobbing off my fingers with your Fiskar's!
  2. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

3. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

4. jasco

jasco Member

Thanks, guys. I've been so wrapped up in my model making I haven't had much of a chance to look anywhere else on the forum. When I thought I "found" something I just got all excited:-D Thanks for the great-looking plane. I'm in the process of downloading one of the ships from GreMir right now, and it feels like I got a twofer!:p
  5. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

GeeBee R-1 Racer Models Inspiration

Hi jasco,

The Granville Brothers´ 'GeeBee' racer airplanes are wonderful modelling subjects - here is a recent replica (made in 1990) of the GeeBee R-1 world speed record plane from 1932, in the New England Air Museum, in Connecticut, in the US:
    And more specifically on the original Granville R-1 and the Museum´s replica:

And here´s a page with an historical background and info on the Granville Bros. and their amazing, WASP-driven racing machines:

Rafal Ciesielski´s wonderful R-1 card model appear here and there in various card modelling forums and it its an eye-catcher every time.

Bengt :D

(Edited in): There is a wonderful, downloadable pdf "Modell-Porträt" (Model Portait) of Ciesielski´s GeeBee R-1 model, with 26 pages of 200 detailed building instruction colour pics, step-by-step, by Hans-Peter Wanta at our sister forum Kartonmodell-Forum in Germany - check it out!

Here is a link to another (Japanese) card model (somewhat simplified) of a similar modelling subject, the GeeBee R-2:

Attached Files:

6. Cut 'n' Paste

Cut 'n' Paste Ex-pat

Er... anyone else noticed this...
    Fiddlers' Green gave away the R1 Gee Bee some while ago (I built it and it's a great model) but I can't find it anywhere on their site now. I have a copy of the file if anyone wants it - just email me at . I don't think it's wrong to pass it on as it was free in the first place (tight git that I am, I've never bought a card model yet!)

7. Alcides

Alcides Member

8. Cut 'n' Paste

Cut 'n' Paste Ex-pat

Thanks. There's more related Granville stuff there that I didn't get last time. Must build the pylon etc to add to my collection.