G'day From South Australia

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Muttley09, May 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muttley09

Muttley09 New Member

I would like to say G'day to all the members at cardmodels..
    Thankyou for letting me use these forums it's been great, i have started my first model and with the tutorials and FAQS it has been an easier learning curve.
    I have a huge interest in warbirds (WWII) and Racecars and cars more so the historical F1's lotus BRM's Eagles ect.I do enjoy the local V8 supercar series in Australia(http://www.v8supercar.com.au/) and fly online in a squadron for IL2FB and Pacific Fighters(http://www.jg11.com) as well as race online with GPL and Nascar.

Thanks again all
    Muttley (Dave)
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome to the fold dave!

So what is your first model going to be? Looking forward to seeing it.

My squadron CAF 96th is always looking for inter squad competition. I am not to that level yet but I can drop a line if you think it would be fun! I will probably be on hyper lobby today CAF96th_Lightnng :D
  3. hmas

hmas Member

Groan there go's the neighbourhood,another crow eater!
    where are you suburbs or country? I'm down the Port area.
    welcome aboard
  4. Clashster

Clashster Member

Welcome, Muttley! This is a fabulous resource for the newbie card builder! Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your builds!

5. John Griffin

John Griffin Member

Welcome to the forum. What specific part of southern Australia are you in? I lived in Geelong and Melbourne for 10 years. I'm going back for a holiday in August (!)... it's been a long time since I was there.
  6. Lepercan

Lepercan Member

Welcome, Muttley! However, I thought ALL Australia was South...(heh, heh)
  7. Muttley09

Muttley09 New Member

My current model is a Lotus 49 finding it a bit challenging as the instructions are in Japenese, maybe i should of started on something a bit easier but i will stick to it and complete it ... i have seen a BRM on another site which i am tempted to purchase

G'day cgutzmer sounds good for a squad battle i will put it to the boss Chris and keep an eye out for you on Hyperlobby i fly under III/JG11_Davo. I have been flying IL2 for 5 yrs now and still learning we fly against an American squad called AG-51 who are a great foe.

G'day fellow crow eater hmas,Tony i live in Burton but work near the Port on bedford street. Hello John Griffin i live about 20 km's north of adelaide S.A i have been to Melbourne a few times to watch the footy and over to Geelong once back in 2000 for the Avalon airshow.

Thanks again everyone
  8. Grizz

Grizz Member

Howdy Mutley!

Great to hear from another South Aussie. I drove down Bedford Street this arvo. Can't wait for all the road work down there to be finished.

Enjoy yourself here, it's a great place to learn and be amazed from time to time.

9. Muttley09

Muttley09 New Member

G'day Grizz the port is a bit of a mess with all the detours up at the moment but when it's finished it'll be worth the few delays with the new port river bridge must admit i use the port river express way all the time and it has knocked quite a few minutes of my travelling time to work.

Before i joined the forums i was browseing the gallery and saw the silver P-47 that john had completed and i was hooked i couldn't believe that it had come from just sheets of paper to an aircraft.I have to learn about the different grades of card stock as i grabbed the heaviest Abbots had (200) but with further reading i have realised that the heavier grade paper isn't always the best

10. gippolot

gippolot Member

Yes, the same as myself. Some of the models that people have made here from paper, card, then add acouple of bits of wire, are amazing. And the best part, is with a software programme, you can create what has never been released in plastic or wood.

Salutations from Melbourne ( ex Qld )
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.