Gauge Railway Railcars / Locos

Pitchwife

Dreamer
N Gauger said:
Hi....... In case you didn't notice this thread is now the "Sticky" in this forum... If you want info on the Gauge Railway, go to the site in the First Post. If you want to post Pics - Any Pic pertaining to the Railway can be posted here:

http://www.the-gauge.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3735

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY PICS IN THIS FORUM!!!!
we are trying to keep the pics in the Photo forum... :) :)

Thanks!!

~~ Mikey

rockislandmike said:
I added the FIFTH Gauge Railway railcar to the official register this afternoon; it and pics of all the units can be found here:

http://www.heatherandmichael.com/prb/GaugeOER.html

I know a number of others (including me!) are working on theirs (or waiting for decals, etc.). Keep up the good work, everyone, I think this is a kewl idea.

Jon-monon sent me a pm this aftn about numbering locomotives, if and when some of us choose to paint one up for The Gauge Railway.

My recommendation is to number it the same as your ID# (i.e., it would therefore have a number between 1 and 774 (Lackawanna Jim's # as he joined today)). Member numbers can be found on my website, or you can find it by scrolling over the profile button at the bottom of each of your posts, and looking in the text bar at the bottom of your screen (just above your "Start" button if you're using a PC).

For example, the first locomotive I painted up would be #306. Future ones should be in sequence, but email me before you start your second unit. I will either ensure that the next member number (#307 in my case) is no longer posting, or I'll figure out the next sequential number you can use.

When I clicked on the links in these two posts I got a 404 error. Is there a secret handshake or something? :D :confused: :D :confused:

rockislandmike

Sorry gents, I redid my website and subdirectories, and I guess the Gauge car info got, uuummmm, lost, in the shuffle. I'll do my best to add all of them again.

ezdays

Out AZ way
N Gauger said:
...The next four digits should be each member's unique identifier that can be found by scrolling the mouse over the "profile" button at the bottom of each of your posts (zero's should be included at the front of this number to make up four digits). For example, my number (rockislandmike) is 306. Therefore, the four digits in my case would be 0306....

Sorry, cannot find a "profile" button anywhere, anymore. There use to be one on the old format, but not now. Not that I'm ready to build a Gauge car yet, still go all my train stuff to unpack yet. :eek:ops: :eek:ops:

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
ezdays said:
Sorry, cannot find a "profile" button anywhere, anymore. There use to be one on the old format, but not now. Not that I'm ready to build a Gauge car yet, still go all my train stuff to unpack yet. :eek:ops: :eek:ops:

Scroll over your name - the last number is your member number 892

ezdays

Out AZ way
N Gauger said:
Scroll over your name - the last number is your member number 892
I tried that and it doesn't show for me. I would expect a ballon to pop up, but it doesn't. I'll try again using IE, I use Netscape and maybe that's the problem. Who knows.... :confused: :confused: Oh, if I right click on my name and select "properties" from the menu, I get a long string that ends in 892, but that's not as easy as you say. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I am working on my first Gauge car right now.

It is a custom B&M Well Hole Flatcar with Load kit by Funaro & Camerlengo.

It is a resin kit (MyFirst ever resin kit BTW) And is definitely an unusual beast. It was a car that was custom built by B&M to haul ships drive gears back durning WW2. It should be an interesting kit when I finish it.

Just gotta order up some Kadee Andres trucks and #5's for it and get some decals made up.