Gauge "N" Boxcar TGR#101976

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
This is where Splenda is loaded to head to industry and the marketplace. Boxes of the packaged sweetener is ready to load on TGR101976, while unprocessed product is loaded in a gondola. We are at a loss to explain why it is going in a Domino’s
sugar car, but it is not our job to question these things. My theory is that they’ve found a way to turn Splenda into sugar.
:eek:

Attachments

• gauge loading splenda.jpg
    gauge loading splenda.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 139

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
A new consist makes its way through the rural area of Hannigan's Meadow. Note the fresh coat of paint on the Smith's house, and the "for sale" sign in front
of it. It is going to be a struggle to sell this place being down the street from a school and so close to the railroad tracks. That horse pasture across the road won't help any either.... flies, yuck.:eek: :rolleyes:

Attachments

• gauge rural.jpg
    gauge rural.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 136

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
The consist leaves Santa Maria pulled by CSR 6880 and UP 474. You can see reconstruction is in process. A crew has already removed the misaligned ray gun, but there is still a lot to do. Notice how this mishap rusted the tracks and turned the ballast to a cork-like
consistency. Tons of dirt must be brought in, roads and structures must be rebuilt, trees must be replanted; but the town will once again flourish.

It was a pleasure and a honor to have TGR 101976 on the Canyon State RR. The townsfolk thank the people on The Gauge for their new TV sets, even
though the were smaller then they wanted And the CSR crew thanks Charile (corrected) for stashing away that Kentucky stuff, and for Johnathan for not hogging it all.:D

Attachments

• gauge moving on.jpg
    gauge moving on.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 134

CSX6638

Jul 24, 2002
FLORIDA
Visit site
Don
Great story and photos, your layout has come a long way from the first photo's you sent me, nice work, can't wait until I see your further progress. I will add your photos to my slide show.
Andrew

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Originally posted by Tyson Rayles
:D :D :D :D :D Man that was funnyyyyyyyyyy. Excellent story and photos Don, but for the record that hooch was from Charlie, the hooch I sent, CSX in Fla. got. :)
Sorry about that, I profoundly apologize to Charlie for that oversight. I should have looked closer, but with all the chaos in the Village of Santa Maria, I'm sure you both will forgive me for not keeping things straight. All I know is that if it came from here it would have to be Taquila, and I know that stuff was too smooth for that.:D :D

Don

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Thanks all, it was more fun then anyone deserves to have. :rolleyes: I guess being married to an Irish storyteller helps stimulate the imagination. :p

I would do it again in a heartbeat.:D

Don

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hi Don!
Sorry I'm late getting around here...last time I checked, you were having some trouble with the pics...
WOW!!...that all I can say...the layout looks really great Don! :cool:
And you should get some kind of award for the best story line to go with your pics! :D :D :D
Originally posted by ezdays
Sorry about that, I profoundly apologize to Charlie for that oversight. I should have looked closer, but with all the chaos in the Village of Santa Maria, I'm sure you both will forgive me for not keeping things straight. All I know is that if it came from here it would have to be Taquila, and I know that stuff was too smooth for that.:D :D

Don

And there's no need to appologize...the car made a quick stop at one of the K&I shop facilities, & was fitted with the customary false bottom...then a circuitous route was taken through Marion, Nelson, LaRue, Woodford, & Jefferson counties & quantities of the best "hooch" anywhere on the planet were picked up along the way!
Hope y'all enjoyed!
:D ;) :D

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Thanks Charlie, and everyone else for your kind comments. I really enjoyed doing it, and wished that more of you would take the opportunity. it's fun.

Just one thing, not one of you said anything about the 80' ser of tweezers next to the feed store in one shot. :rolleyes: I'm not too sure they weren't planted there by the same group that built that ray gun installation:eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh, yeah,

Don

Strthoky

Feb 7, 2003
South East Michigan
hometown.aol.com
tgr# 101976 was spotted coming around the mountain bend into Chesterfield this afternoon..

IMPG0446A.JPG

IMPGO447A.JPG

IMPG0449A.JPG

fresh from a cross country journey carrying a load of T.V. sets and sweetener. After clearin the Mount Clemens Tunnel she picked up a little speed and was headed for the freight yard where the consist can be reconfigured and cars routed to their proper destinations.

IMPG0456A.JPG

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Originally posted by davidstrains
a little speed?:eek: :eek: It looks like it is flying:D :D :D :) :)
If you were where it came from you'd be flying too. It was 111 degrees when it left Arizona. :eek: :eek: I thought I was going to have to pack it in dry ice to get it to the post office.:rolleyes: We're use to it, but I didn't think the car was.:D

D:cool: N

K.V.Div

May 10, 2001
Shawnigan Lake, B.C. Canada
Visit site
Originally posted by ezdays
If you were where it came from you'd be flying too. It was 111 degrees when it left Arizona. :eek: :eek: I thought I was going to have to pack it in dry ice to get it to the post office.:rolleyes: We're use to it, but I didn't think the car was.:D

D:cool: N

Right you are Don, that car is used to the "Liquid" variety of sunshine that we get so much of up here on the northwet (northwest) coast:D :D :D
BTW, Great story and pics, Very entertaining.:D
Looks like your layout is comming along as well.
I look forward to more pics of it in the future.
Cheers!

Terry

K.V.Div

May 10, 2001
Shawnigan Lake, B.C. Canada
Visit site
Hey Strthoky, Are you sure that the crew isn't strung out on some of that sweetner the car is carrying? :eek: :D That train is going like all getup. Methinks that they should check out the load when it arrives just to be sure.;)
Great pics and scenery too!:cool:
Cheers!

Terry

Strthoky

Feb 7, 2003
South East Michigan
hometown.aol.com
sorry took so long to finish the update.....

after the train arrived the cars were dropped off at the yard for further dissemination....

IMPG0452A.JPG

then on to Gauge industries to unload the much anticipated sweetner..
IMPG0459A.JPG

IMPG0461A.JPG

The locals are very excited that they now have splenda sweetners in their favorite local ice cream!!!

splenda.JPG

And here sits TGR# 101976 waiting to be loaded before it departs for CT.

IMPG0470A.JPG

And last night while the local fireworks show was going on I managed this shot.. It was a great show..

gauge4thjulfirewks.JPG