Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by N Gauger, Jan 16, 2005.
Last another view of the bridges
Some things I discovered from this is that I am going to need to do a cap for the abutment. Also I can’t paint the highway bridge pier until I have the abutment finished because I will have to adjust its height.
If you want some additional information on the progress of the diorama and see what foliage materials I used check out:
That looks great so far Tom. I really like the parallel bridges! :thumb:
Tom - That looks great!!!
Looking good Tom.
I've got this group of locos done, other than weathering.
This is the Athearn F7A-B set with a little bit of details added.
#9662 is a stock Globe F7A.
#5694 is an early plastic framed Athearn GP7 dummy with some details added.
#1851 is another Bachmann F9 shell modified to represent a phase II F7.
I plan to start the next group of locos tomorrow.
Wow!!! Sweet!!!!! How many "groups" of locos do you have anyway Ray????
Nice set of locomotives you got there Ray!
Thanks Val and Tom.
At the moment I have 35 loco projects at various stages of completion.
I have been working on them in groups determined by what modifications are being done or the color I will be spraying.
For an example.
I have a pair of GP35s and a couple BN caboose projects that need the BN green sprayed.
Another group would be the Model Power RS11, an AHM GP18 and an AHM Alco 1000 switcher that I am rebuilding the pilots, adding wire hand rails and grab irons and repainting. These are all getting remotored and regeared also.
Those engines look like they WORK for a living! Very nicely done!
I finished the forest area on my layout. Here are the last pictures of the last section. I might add more wild life later but for now it is finished.
Looks good Trains1972! You did a very nice job on the forest!
The BN GP35s are together and running.
Here's a photo of the pair.
A closer look at #2501.
A shot of #2505 from the ditch.
Great job on the locomotives Ray!
I have gotten off track a little while I was waiting for the glue and paint to dry on the abutment cap.
I satrted weathering an IHC Lehigh Coal & Navigation Company 2-6-0 Camelback. At the time of the picture I still need to seal with Dullcoat and do the coal load in tender.
Here is one of the tender.
Here is a progress shot of another 2-6-0 Camelback. It started out as a C&O unit. I removed the lettering, painted the handrails, and weathered the tender trucks and wheels. I will lettered for Lehigh & New England.
Separate names with a comma.