Gauge layout Party No 5!!!!!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
WOW! It loks like everyoine is making great progress.

Here are a few shots showing where I have added trees and foliage.

First here is the hillside which is pretty much complete.

Attachments

• psdo1g.jpg
    psdo1g.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 101

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
I now need to sit down and make a bunch of trees.

Today my order arrived with the highway bridge and the bridge pier for the trolley bridge. The pier is shorter than what I expected so I’ll have to come up with something for it. Also included in the order were some scenery supplies such as the flowering foliage and more fine leaf foliage. I guess I’ll add an area of purple and yellow wildflowers.

seanm

Oct 11, 2004
Sunny CA
www.pegnsean.net
My Layout party project is complete! :thumb:

I already posted pictures, and it still looks the same... so...

Last night I ran engines up and down my helix. Track needed some cleaning from the construction, but it all worked well. No derails or problems that some cleaning didn't take care of!!

What did I learn...

A helix is more of a production line project then most projects on the RR. It is a lot of the same thing over and over. Consistance counts!! Jigs help a lot!! Solder track BEFORE you place it on the curves. "Liquid Nails" allows for FAST cork roadbed and track attachments. Biscuits are cool for sub roadbed construction. Good planning really helps. Expert advice is VERY helpfull.
It was fun!!! Since the layout is new, I am sure I will have lots of projects for layout parties to come in the forseable future.

What a great idea to get us motivated!

C

Catt

I haven't been doing much on my layouts.I have been working on a rather interesting little building for my buddy Tim's TSBY layout (Tuscola& Saginaw Bay RR).Yes its a proto road it uses the northern end of the old Ann Arbor Railroad.In fact all but two of their locos are ex AA GP35s.

Anyway as soon as I get some time I will scan the pics I have of the building and take some pics of the model and post them all.The use of this building may surprize some of you.

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
I got all the loco shells decaled and the dull coat applied and am in the process of installing headlight lenses and windows.
The 0-6-0T is done.

Attachments

• Feb13^09.JPG
    Feb13^09.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 105

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Way to go Ray! Looks real good!!! :thumb:

I finally got my yard finished. I had it done and wired over a week ago, but problems with my BLI switcher caused me to tear it out and move it. I thought the problem was that the yard ladder wasn't quite level. Too late, I discovered it was the switcher that had problems - wires tangling the rear truck. Anyway, that's fixed and the yard has been moved and re-wired. I'm actually not sorry I moved it because now it's a little bit bigger.

Here's a couple of photos. The first one shows the yard ladder and the second is the other side. I already have some rolling stock on the RIP track - and yes, they really do need to be fixed. In the background you can see where I'm starting work on the elevated track.

Val

Attachments

• yard1.jpg
    yard1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 91
  • yard2.jpg
    yard2.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 92

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Finally got around to get my pictures organized and resized so here we go.

I have pretty much finished the foliage on the diorama. These pictures show the area next to the station where before I had just trees. I add some clump foliage, fine leaf foilage, foliage, and flowering foliage to the area.

Attachments

• psdu 001g.jpg
    psdu 001g.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 71