Gauge Boxcar-World Tour '03

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Since TinGoat, aka Ron dropped the Gauge boxcar off to me last week I've been too busy with work to post much, however it was great to meet him, and he gave me the idea of hand-delivering the car to it's next stop, which was Interurben's traction layout. Wish I had set up the tripod there since none of those shots turned out. :( :(

However, as Chris mentioned we made quite a tour of it, 3 layouts in one night - 4 if you count the Traction in Action L/O that Glen has in addition to his own!

What a great group of guys! From the moment I arrived they made me feel like part of the group, and judging by the laughter, a grand old time was had by all!

Here's a look at the motley crew.

Attachments

• guys.jpg
    guys.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 367

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Brian has a lot of bridges on his layout, and of all the shots I took, I think this one really captures some of his excellent scenery work.

Can anyone guess how he did those clouds?

Attachments

• bridge.jpg
    bridge.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 376

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
According to the GPS unit installed on the car, its still in Toronto. Further investigation has found that the car is being held on "bad order". A hot box detector has determind that there is a bad wheel bearing on a truck. New England Rail Car has been dispatched to make repairs. Hopefully the car will be under way shortly.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Box car @ masonjar

Well, it finally arrived.

The Gauge box car travelled from Toronto, and also back in time - about 45 to 50 years before it's build date!

Here it is seen crossing into town.

Attachments

• gauge box 05.jpg
    gauge box 05.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 199

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Box car @ masonjar

Arriving in the yard past the interlocking tower as part of a mixed freight pulled by CN pacific #5125...

Attachments

• gauge box 07.jpg
    gauge box 07.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 199

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Nice pictures Andrew.
Hang on Shawn...Two more stops in Canada, than its back across the border into Illinois. Then Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Then to you and back to me, where it will cross the big pond into Europe.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Very nice Andrew! I see your layout is coming along nicely too.

88Fan, uh, yeah, that's right, it was a bad-order car and the crew from New England Rail Car was detained for quite some time at the border. Hadda go down there in person to straighten things out.

cheers
:rolleyes: Val

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
Headed To Alberta??

Okay...who's getting it? I'd love to have this car run through my layout as well! I might be On30, but my track is HO, and I still have HO stuff to pull it with!

Someone please let me know so I don't miss out!:)