46.1 KB · Views: 120
  • GATXSD38-2ae.jpg
    GATXSD38-2ae.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 130
  • GATXSD38-2ad.jpg
    GATXSD38-2ad.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 125

cabdriver

Dan, this is a really impressive piece of work. I especially was impressed with the precision of your edge work -- around the steps and rails. The weathering really ups the reality factor. What was your technique?

wjstix

Could this be the Reserve Mining SD-38 that Progressive Rail just bought and repainted as I think it's no. 42??

Outstanding paint work and photography. Thank you. I wish I was that talented. Do you paint the whole locomotive without taking her apart? It sure looks that way. Doesn't the paint affect the ability for the engine to run after that? As you might guess, I'm a new at this. Guess I need to go to painting and computer school so I can accomplish something.

Tileguy

I am sure Dan is down showing off this new Model at the scale modelers meet in rosemount today.It will be nice to see the pictures. I was unable to make it this year due to a large project.Dan was kind enough to invite me along again however.
I cant wait to see the pictures from the meet.Bet he'll post a few tomorrow :)

Tileguy

I see Eric got a really nice photo of your 38-2.Nice weathering Job Dan!!
Frank Jordan and Bob Rivard have been busy i see.
I like the mini module with the tank cars.
Nice photo's by Eric.

I see ol Donna in the background.When do we get to watch her run?? :)

belg

Dan I can't believe in all the time I have been here this is the first time I'm seeing this thread . The loci looks absolutely stunning and I was wondering if you could post a side by side shot of the before and after? Thanks Pat