Gas Prices!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by stripes, May 29, 2007.

1. stripes

stripes Member

Need I say More?
  2. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

great pics david,that second one will be me in a few years! sign1 --josh
  3. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

We just had a big supprise. Regular unleaded just dropped below $3.00 - $2.99 at most stations in North Stafford, VA:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  4. stripes

stripes Member

Up here in Canada, gas is $1.10 per liter, thats about $4.00 PER GALLON US at 3.6 LITERS PER GALLON!!!! :eek:
  5. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

well ,i've been there once and love the scvenery but i was snown in half the time and couldnt use my gas anyway :D --josh
  6. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Actually, it's 3.8 litres/U.S. gallon, and the Canadian dollar is pretty high, too, so the exchange rate barely figures into the equation. In Canada, Ontario gas is pretty cheap compared to that on the East coast, and I believe only Alberta sells a litre for less than a buck.

7. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Still 3.10 a gallon here last time I bothered checking.
  8. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

I like the top one.
  9. Relic

Relic Member

yessir Mr.Doc sir. our regular is a buck twenty one point none. will likely go up again befor July first, tourists? we don't need no stinking tourists
  10. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

Here in the interior of BC Gas hit 1.28 a liter before sliding back to 1.26 today.
    On the other hand the Canadian dollor went over 93 cent US today as well.
  11. MadModeler

MadModeler Member

Well, if I'm up there during the winter, I'll just harness my dog to a sled and let 'er rip!
  12. MadModeler

MadModeler Member

Great pics stripes.sign1

They should starting putting disclaimers below the gas prices:

Warning: Viewing these prices can cause severe bouts of obscene language!:curse: wall1 :curse:
  13. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

I'm not worried. I've been stock piling gas in a secret location for a while. :mrgreen:

Attached Files:

14. Chaparral

Chaparral Member

15. erikstoll

erikstoll New Member

$3.26 here in Reno for the cheap crap
  16. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Heck we cancelled plans to fish the Outer Banks this past weekend.

Motels are up 7% AAA says, gass and ice are unreal.
  17. beamish

beamish HO & Steam Engineer

We are in the $1.25 (CAN) per liter here in central Saskatchewan. I nearly cried when it cost me more than $55 to fill my car. On a good day it is less than 40$. Oh well i guess i will be taking the motorcycle everywhere as it gets over 60 m/g in the city.
  18. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Yikes - I'd like to have your gas price problems over there in America! Your gas is dirt cheap compared to OUR prices here in Europe.

In Switzerland we pay around 1.75 Swiss Francs for regular (per litre!) - and at the moment that translates to about US$ 6.65 per US gallon! wall1

And in Germay and France it's still more expensive. No wonder everybody joins in on the Nordic Walking craze! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

19. beamish

beamish HO & Steam Engineer

so i read this thread and replied this morning while i was compiling a program at work. Then while still waiting i walked to the coffee room to top up my cup. while there i discovered a December 1999 Reader's Digest on the top of the magazine pile. (I know thats kinda old and it made me wonder why we are so out of date. Our company only has only had 15 employees back then and now are over 700 and growing fast) Anyway i flipped open the magazine and the first article i see is complaining about gas prices. Funny how not much changes. however the prices listed is what i found interesting.

Dec 1999

Crude cost 14.8
    Canada Avg pump price 55.1 :eek:

Vancouver 49.6
    Calgary 50.4
    Regina 58.2
    Winnipeg 55.1
    Toronto 54.4
    Montreal 59.7
    Saint John 56.4
    Halifax 57.7
    Charlottetown 50.2
    St. John's 63.0

That is less than half of what we pay now. And we were complaining about paying too much. If only we new what we would be paying 8 years later. i would have all been stocking up and buying bulk holding tanks.

20. Chaparral

Chaparral Member

I'm begining to feel like the second pressing of grapes.

There's a huge billboard here in Calgary announcing the end of the 'great' hyrdro rate.
    That's paraphrasing the ad, but the message is clear-it's rock'em-sock'em part deux.