Gas Price Jokes

F

Fred_M

In case any of you missed them, Jay Leno has came up with some good ones, four of my favotites are, I thought we won the war in Iraq, I purchased a five gallon can yesterday, I think it will be a good investment, gas is so high that Exon hasn't spilt a drop all week, and last, the oil companies will be putting Vasoline dispensors to help you stick it in. Anybody else hear any good ones? FRED

belg

Sorry no jokes just a question, I have my own business and drive a van fully loaded everyday and am wondering what does an electrician/plumber get for a service call out where gas costs $4 a gallon? Hopefully insurance is cheaper.

P

philip

svc charge

I feel the pain also. Gas prices are killing me! No joke -10.

People will start doing there own svc charges.:cry:

F

Fred_M

Well guys you have to keep your sence of humor about it. The man has been warning us since what, 1973, that oil was getting tight and was going to get expensive. The price will drop back some in November. FRED

Flangehead

Somebody emailed me a picture of these prices on a Shell sign.

Regular----- arm / gallon

High test----leg / gallon

Premium----firstborn / gallon

P

philip

my fellow americans

Dash 10 posted this earlier for those of u who missed it. its still humorous:D I guess we do have a pretty good life.

Attachments

• bush letter.jpg
    bush letter.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 265
F

Fred_M

Originally posted by belg
Just before election time !!!!!!!!
After the summer vacations when people want to drive more.
No, after the election whoever wins. FRED

F

Fred_M

Re: my fellow americans

Originally posted by philip
Dash 10 posted this earlier for those of u who missed it. its still humorous:D I guess we do have a pretty good life.
Yes Phillip, I seen it. and it's still relevent, but I'm not so sure it's humorous because it's the truth, and only seems funny because we laugh trying to fool ourselves that it's a joke and can't possibly be true. Like them ghouls who lived in our closet when we were kids. We laugh now as if it were a joke, but... Well enough of this psyc BS. FRED

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Well for me I gave up my gas guzzling V8 Expedition and now drive a 4cyl Focus. What a difference. Now I have some more to spend on this great hobby of model railroading and of course to pay for the soaring price of electricity to run it.

Will_annand

Originally posted by belg
Sorry no jokes just a question, I have my own business and drive a van fully loaded everyday and am wondering what does an electrician/plumber get for a service call out where gas costs $4 a gallon? Hopefully insurance is cheaper.

Right now in Muskoka (center of Ontario). Gas is $0.78 a litre or about $3.25 per gallon.

Local contractors are charging $60.00 per hour average. Some charge $50.00 plus $0.25 per KM (0.6 mile).

Sir_Prize

What is really bad is that on the 29th I heard a business stock
report on CNN...
In the report they said Oil barrel prices were at a five year low.
Guess it costs a whole lot more to make gas these days.
Or maybe they're doing like the gas crunch days. Hiking the price
because they want to.
I had a friend who's father worked a tankership in during that time.
He said it was a month before he could see his dad. The Tanker
couldn't unload because all the storage areas were filled. Even
had one blowup because it was to full. He said his dad had to
sign some stuff about talking about it.

It's just another cog to get the split of the Haves and the Have
Not's. No middle class.

F

Fred_M

I'm gonna ride the kids Powerwheels firetruck. You put 2 car batteries in her and she will do 30mph and everyone pulls over if you hollar WOEEEE at the top of your lungs and ring a bell. FRED

Attachments

• powerwheels.jpg
    powerwheels.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 194

Medicine Man

I think it's time to break out the big old copper kettle with the coil of copper line.

"NO officer" I'm not a BOOTLEGGER!!

I'm a "FREELANCE PETROLIUM ENGINEER"
:thumb:

MM

Peirce

At the New York World's Fair in 1964-65, Chrysler showed a car which was very easy on gas consumption. Here is the engine.

035bigcarengine-vi.jpg

rcwatkins

I heard that the lowest gas prices were in NJ with $1.52/gallon. The highest gas I heard of was somwhere in the Sierras at about $2.80/gallon.

Belg- Is it really illegal to fill your own gas tank in NJ?