Gas boat question

Discussion in 'RC Aircraft & Watercraft' started by tfhughes_28, Oct 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tfhughes_28

tfhughes_28 Member

Hey all,

Not sure if anyone runs a gas (not nitro) boat on here or not. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a conversion kit for the engine i have to make it usable in a big gas boat. The weed trimmer engine i have is made by Yard Machine (which is made by MTD). I bought this trimmer last summer brand new and used it maybe for 4 tanks of fuel. I really don't need a weed eater so my mind started to wonder as what to do with the brand new engine. It is a 28cc dual line weed eater . I figured that a 28cc engine would be plenty for a gas boat. If you have any info that i may find useful, please pass it on. Thx for lookin.
  2. Steve M

Steve M Member

Tyler - if your weedeater motor isn't a Homelite or a Zenoah then you're most likely on your own to make a marine conversion. Blois Hobby Products is in your neck of the woods and do some excellent work with the Zenoah G23 motors.
  3. tfhughes_28

tfhughes_28 Member

Steve - That sucks, as i already have that engine. The Zenoah G23 is $360, that is a bit much for an engine. I guess i'll have to keep my eyes open this winter for a Homelite weedeater/engine and maybe work from there. Thx for the info.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.