Garrus Vakarian (Mass Effect 3)

daishi

My ME3 Garrus project is officially started.

Just finished setting the pose:
garrus01.png

garrus03.png

garrus02.png

garrus04.png

Still have to cut own the poly count and unfold the model. the textures need some work too since the glowing parts are missing at the moment, I'm also considering changing the "soft parts" on his armor to look like the maroon muscle like appearance his ME2 Alternate appearance armor had since the color scheme is similar. Have to see how it look to actually decide though.
here is a pic of his ME2 alt appearance:
garrus.jpg

daishi

Finally I've finished the model simplification and the texture work, ill unfold tomorrow and probably start building.

The texture I've made for myself are not actually in the game. I've made the "soft" parts on the armor to look like the alt armor from ME2 because i l think it looks much better this way but I'll only upload this version as an extra when I publish the template.

Here are some pics: (the visor's eye piece is white because its the version to print on transparent plastic sheet, there is a texture for normal paper)
wipgarrus05.png

wipgarrus04.png

wipgarrus03.png

wipgarrus02.png

wipgarrus01.png

daishi

So, I've finished the head. Turned out quite nicely, but didn't have anything but my phone to take a pic so sorry for the quality.

wipme3garrusb3.jpg

wipme3garrusb2.jpg

wipme3garrusb1.jpg

Z

Zathros

Even in that grainy picture, the quality of your build shows through, a great beginning! :)

daishi

Progress Report:

Finished with left leg. It turned out quite good, although I gave up on making the chromed metal parts from glossy paper. since the shining didn't follow the actual pattern it looked like i used a thick cover of glossy varnish on it.(generally that's why i don't use glossy paper for models in the first place, but i guess it didn't cost me to try)

Also made some decent pics on the head since i got the digital camera back.
wipgarrusme306.jpg

wipgarrusme305.jpg

wipgarrusme304.jpg

wipgarrusme301.jpg

wipgarrusme303.jpg

wipgarrusme302.jpg

Z

Zathros

Your model looks great. There is another member using Metal Contact paper he got from Home Depot for a Buck Rogers Blaster that is achieving fantastic results with it. I am not sure if it will help you, but I thought I would pass his technique on to you. You model is absolutely awesome! :)

Thread:
http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172691

sample pic:
578832_4403678378402_1846159643_n.jpg

daishi

There is another member using Metal Contact paper he got from Home Depot for a Buck Rogers Blaster that is achieving fantastic results with it. I am not sure if it will help you, but I thought I would pass his technique on to you.
Thx! It has the same problem that the printed/drawn detail doe not follow the reflected light, but the blaster does look really good.

Here are some new pics. full lover body is finished now. I've tried something Ive used on my WH40k models out of necessity, namely that the foot is not actually part of the leg "pipe" , but they are glued to the surface of part that closes downs the legs. (the original WH40k models were made this way from the start) This way by making one foott and both legs and gluing the other foot in placewhile the model is standing i can make sure that boltfoot is firmly on the ground (almost half of my figures are standing on one or two small coins because their legs are misaligned by small degrees).

here are the pics:
wipgarrusme306.jpg

wipgarrusme307.jpg

wipgarrusme308.jpg

daishi

Ok he's finished.

I have to say I really like how it turned out. Added DL link to my site some pictures to my gallery. and the usual Adv picture on DeviantArt, so check out if you like :)

The visor was printed on printable plastic sheet, so it has most of the (non animated) details it has in-game.
The Mantis is from XenonRay's ME2 Garrus template, since he makes the weapons much less annoying to build than I usually do, and I didn't want to work twice anyway.

Here are some pics:
garrusvakarianme301.jpg

garrusvakarianme306.jpg

garrusvakarianme302.jpg