Garahbara Update

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
spitfire said:
Wow, that rock cut looks like the real thing!! Great to see your progress Woodie! :thumb:

Val

It might suprise you, Val, but I'm not that happy with it, actually. It took me 3 goes to get it like that. To me, when looking at it overall, it looks like a cake on a plate where someone has taken chunks off the edge by the handful!! :eek:

That area of the layout is no where near finished either. It needs some ground cover beside the track ballast, and trees and more ground cover on the hillsides, fences etc, and it's a bit hard to see in the pics, but there's also a road bridge to go across the cutting too. The road is there, but no bridge!! :eek: :eek:

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
Looking very OZ. Sweet!
As far as it looking like a "grabbed cake"... I think some land cuts DO look like that.
Remember sometimes they had to dig it out with large backhoe (Can't think of the current name for a steam shovel)
or dynamite it out.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
It looks good Woodie. The thing to keep in mind with cuts is that dirt doesn't stack vertically. A cut in a hill will have a bit of "grade" to it. A cut blasted from rock can be vertical because the rock is one piece.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Woodie said:
It might suprise you, Val, but I'm not that happy with it, actually. It took me 3 goes to get it like that. To me, when looking at it overall, it looks like a cake on a plate where someone has taken chunks off the edge by the handful!! :eek:

Well, it looks great in the photo Woodie!!! :thumb: Just goes to show you, we are our own harshest critics.

Now you've got me humming MacArthur Park.... "someone left the cake out in the rain......" LOL!!!

Val

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
To me, when looking at it overall, it looks like a cake on a plate where someone has taken chunks off the edge by the handful!!

Sedimentary rock is layered, like a cake. When you blast it out, to make a level roadbed...............yeah, it looks like the kids got at the cake again!
I don't know the geology of the area, but it looks pretty dag nab good to me! :thumb: :thumb:
Pete