Garahbara Scenics

Woodie

The Garahbara Gully Pub provides some shade, as the Victorian Railways T Class heads a mixed passenger/goods off to the branch line. circa 1960.

Attachments

• tclasshousepub.jpg
    tclasshousepub.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 161

Woodie

Too Late!

Too late for some good railfan piccies from the platform. This T Class mixed goods/passenger services leaves before I get there! circa 1960. (well, not quite 1960!!) That's a 1972 HQ holden racing it down the road! :p

Attachments

• tclasshouse.jpg
    tclasshouse.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 162

Woodie

Freight gets delivered

Freight gets delivered to the goods shed at Garahbara in the wee small hours. circa 1950

Attachments

• goodsshedleft.jpg
    goodsshedleft.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 162

Woodie

Stormy Sunday

Not much activity happens at the Garahbara goods shed on a Sunday afternoon, as storms approach. circa 1970.

Attachments

• goodsshedright.jpg
    goodsshedright.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 160

Woodie

Good Shed

This Victorian Railways goods shed at Seymour (Victoria) has seen better days.

Attachments

• seymourshed.jpg
    seymourshed.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 155

Woodie

Garahbara

The Spirit of Progress pics up passengers at Garahbara, a junction on the mainline between Mebourne and Sydney. circa 1960.

Attachments

• stationyardshouse.jpg
    stationyardshouse.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 147

Drew1125

Wow, Woodie!
Thanks for the trip!:cool:
That is such fantastic modeling, & photography!
I love all the little scenes, with all the detail!
That goods shed looks like a replica of the prototype...did you scratchbuild it?

roryglasgow

You've done a great job with the modelling, Woodie! Great pics, too! Yep, digital is the way to go...

-Rory

Woodie

Goods shed

Charlie,
Yep. The goods shed is a model of the prototype. It is a card kit, bashed about a bit with some styrene and wood strips to give it some depth around the edges.

shamus

Registered Member
Woodie, looks very realistic and excellent modelling, also I expect, a well thought out plan.
Shamus

justind

Question

Woody, I have a question for you...
In Aussie, do they run American Railway Prototypes, or British/European Prototypes?

Woodie

Justin,
We actually run a lot of equipment from everywhere. Some are British (the XPT passenger service run by the NSW gov't is based on the British Intercity 125 technology (but manufactured here, with mods). Early diesel/electrics were based on US prototypes, with some fully imported. Passenger stock (long distance) is based on US design but locally produced. Railcars (in the 40's - 60's were based on US designs with Bud railcars used by Victoria and South Australia, and Victoria producing their own version of the Doodlebug. All suburban stock is designed and manufactured here. The last 20 years has seen loco's designed and manufactured here as well. They were (slight rumour) going to use the French TGV technology for fast interstate trains, but that never got off the ground, especially when the Intercity 125 technology never goes any faster that 50!

David Eaves

Hi Woodie

Thanks for the photographic tours of your railway, it looks really realistic and well modeled. Great pictures too, I agree about Digital Cameras too, their raw close up performance and photo quality is excellent.

David

Uteram

Agree with everyone about the modeling quality Woodie. Generally, I'm not fond of Euro-style railrods (no offense to anyone) but this stuff looks good!