Garahbara gets moving

spitfire

That looks great Woodie!! I like the arid, treeless look actually. And you did an excellent weathering job on that tank car. Very nice!!!! :thumb:

Val

Woodie

Bob Collins said:
Later I viewed a video of a portion of that piece of track where standard and wide gauge tracks parallel each other and they showed some wonderful shots of several steam engines side by sides. For me it would have been worth the price of a plane ticket to OZ to have seen that happen.

Bob

Bob,

This is the video (DVD) I think you refer to. It was the "Flying Scotman" on it's visit to Australia in 1988. http://shop.abc.net.au/browse/product.asp?productid=727748

I can't find a pic on the net, but have one in a book at home. I'll try to remember it for tomorrow. :)

Bob Collins

That's the one Woodie. Having also traveled along that route makes it even more special for me.

My wife and I are going to Europe for a month next year with plans to do lots of train riding. Doubt that I can ever get my fill of it, but I'll give it the old college try. :)

Bob

Woodie

Woodie said:
Bob,

I can't find a pic on the net, but have one in a book at home. I'll try to remember it for tomorrow. :)

Just for you, Bob. :)

R761 and the Flying Scotmans, in Victoria, on their way to Albury.

Attachments

• R761.jpg
    R761.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 49

Bob Collins

Woodie;

Great picture of I suppose one of the world's most famous engines. Thanks for taking the time to find and post it. :thumb: :) :) :cool: :cool: