Galloping Goose

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by Dave Harris, Dec 19, 2002.

1. Dave Harris

Dave Harris Member

Now that I finally figured out how to post a pic or two, I thought i'd show you the goose I built that I had sent photos of to Shamus last year .
    It is entirely scratched out of Brass , except the actual car body. That is one of National Motors Packards. The drive unit is also scratched except for the actual gears & motor.

Attached Files:

2. Dave Harris

Dave Harris Member

Another view

Attached Files:

3. Dave Harris

Dave Harris Member

one more

Attached Files:

4. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

What a great looking machine, Dave!
    Fantastic detail work!
    That appears to be a really nice looking layout she's sitting on too!
    :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
  5. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

6. Vic

Vic Active Member

That is one more fantastic model:)
  7. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Dave, Yeah friend, I remember you sending me those photo's. Simply one of the best scratchbuilt Galloping Goose I have seen to date. Excellent workmanship.

8. Dave Harris

Dave Harris Member

Thanks everybody. The layout that you see belongs to Linn Austin, a good friend of mine . It is The Clover Valley Rail Road, a bed room sized layout. Linn does some of the finest work I have ever seen, and is also the fastest builder I have ever known!! The little bar next to the cannery he built in an afternoon , actually built 2 , didn't like the first one !! He was in the construction trade , & builds his models much like the prototype , he is the only guy I know that paints things only AFTER they are all built!! I will put up a few shots of his layout for you.

Attached Files:

9. Dave Harris

Dave Harris Member

And another

Attached Files:

10. Dave Harris

Dave Harris Member

Still another

Attached Files:

11. Dave Harris

Dave Harris Member

one more --once

Attached Files:

12. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Very nice indeed :cool:
  13. marty w.

marty w. Member

Nice shots. Great modeling too!
  14. Ben H

Ben H Member

That's a fanatastic Goose - really strong modeling skills needed to effect that nice of a job.

Tjhe layout is great nice scenes with top drawer track and super detailed buildings.

Thank-you for bringing them to us.
  15. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Great modelling Dave. The photos show off your workmanship nicely. Well done
  16. satokuma

satokuma Member

Nice, very nice and inspirational. Guess it is HO? Does anyone doe the 'Goose' in N the water scene and the lighthouse and the........Nice, very nice
  17. Dave Harris

Dave Harris Member

Yes it's HO . I am sure somewhere there is a Machocist who has built an N or Nn3 Goose . Thank goodness I am not that brave.

Thanks for all the nice comments, As I said its not my layout. I have none at the present other than being part of the S.N.O.B.s crew. that layout fills a 3 car garage & has been featured in M/R Craftsman a couple of times.
  18. Dave Harris

Dave Harris Member

If I knew how to post the link to this thread , I would have listed it in the post about the poll of model railroaders to see if perhaps I qualify as one. I can't figure out how to do that so this is the best I can do.
  19. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Excellent work.:thumb:
  20. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

To post a link, go to the address/URL, highlight (single or double click as needed) and copy (Ctrl-C) it. Go to your post (Quick or "Advanced" reply) and paste it (Ctrl-V).

That's all there is to it...