[Gallery] Spitfire Mk I - MODELIK 9/05

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by KPawel, Sep 30, 2007.

1. KPawel

KPawel New Member

Hello everybody!

Today another cardmodel I've just managed to complete. It is model of famous fighter Spitfire Mk I, issued by MODELIK, designed by Krzysztof Fiolek.
    Generally parts come together smoothly, fit is almost perfect. The model has a few quite annoying flaws though: cockpit floor too short by a few milimeters, rear bulkhead of cockpit segment shouldn't belong to this segment but to the next one, fitting inside rear windows' frame. Similarily, the cutouts in wings' skeleton for ailerons are too narrow by 1mm (the card thickness).
    I found the shape of rear upper part of engine cowling looking a little bit weird, but this may be a result of my own mistakes.
    All those small flaws are quite easy to spot and to correct and as I already mentioned all elements fit together really well, so I consider the kit worth recommendation. Also the print quality is very good.
    Here some photos (sorry for not very professional background used):

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. josve

josve Active Member

Thats just an amazing build!! Thanks for sharing!!
    You sure did a great job on the section joints!!
  3. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

WOW so real!!! sign1sign1sign1
  4. Nemesis7485

Nemesis7485 Member

That's an extremely nice model. very impressive.

What scale is it?
  5. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Great looking model!
  6. cbg

cbg Member

I'm most impressed by your perfect looking spinner. How did you achieve those curves? A VERY nice looking Mk.I. We look forward to seeing a Bf-109 in paper, perhaps?

7. KPawel

KPawel New Member

Thanks for your kind comments!
    The spinner, after glueing parts together, was covered with 2-3 layers of cyanoacrylic glue, sanded and finally painted black.
    Bf-109? We'll see, I like this plane very much as well and the kit waits for me on my shelf (among plenty of others though :)).
  8. KPawel

KPawel New Member

A few close-ups, if you don't mind:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for your patience!:wave:
  9. josve

josve Active Member

We really don't mind pictures over here!! Thats just what we like to see!
    Those details are just great!! That spinner and wheels....and canopy just makes it to a very high level!
  10. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Thanks for taking the time to share your work with us Pawel. The first set of photos is great and the detail shots are just icing on the cake! You do really nice work. :thumb: Looking forward to your next project (Heinkel 111, maybe?) with lots of photos as josve said.

Elliott :mrgreen:
  11. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

That is a simply AWESOME build! Thanks for sharing this.

12. mOONwOKA

mOONwOKA Member

Very impressive build. After seeing your pictures i am tempted to start cutting my own copy. I consider this particular model to be better choice than Halinski Mk.V (in case if mark is of no importance) because it has less unnecessary complexity and therefore is more accessible.