Galleon San Salvador 1:33

silveroxide

I plan on using the basic rigging and then move from there. There are a lot of ropes involved in the rigging, as well as the ones folded on the belaying pins and around the deck. Also, there is the rigging for the cannons, which are not depicted in the model plans. There are more details that are not present in the build and I am researching ships during this time period for more insight as to how they were constructed. There are some differences in the deadeyes as well, the well known three holes and the open hole version.

PaperAir

I looked at the instructions and the designers admit it is a simplified version. Ther I'm totally lost, cannot say a thing, except to try to interprete the Björn Landström ilustration of a galleon. He was very knowleageble. I keep on finding ilustration based on his work. The technology of riggiing the sails evolved amazingly in this period,
the picture you shared will work for me thanks.

Z

Zathros

That quite an endorsement Paul, are you going to post that picture, or did I miss it? :)

silveroxide

San Salvador

I got the cannons that are designed for the San Salvador. plus the plans for the rowboat (Dinghy)

Attachments

• 1343620972_1925_FT0_ss11_.jpg
    1343620972_1925_FT0_ss11_.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 1343620972_1925_FT0_ss6_.jpg
    1343620972_1925_FT0_ss6_.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 114
  • 1343620972_1925_FT0_ss4_.jpg
    1343620972_1925_FT0_ss4_.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 59

PaperAir

I,am going to bag this model in plastic until i can get back to building it again.My hand is still not great.

Z

Zathros

Sounds like smart idea. If you have a large enough box, I'd advise putting it in plastic, and the box. Keep it out of the U.V rays. That way any future printing won't mismatch. The issue with my hands puts us in the same "boat" pardon the pun. Your place here is important so you make sure you hang around here!! :)

PaperAir

Sounds like smart idea. If you have a large enough box, I'd advise putting it in plastic, and the box. Keep it out of the U.V rays. That way any future printing won't mismatch. The issue with my hands puts us in the same "boat" pardon the pun. Your place here is important so you make sure you hang around here!! :)
thank you i will.put it in a black bag away from light.

Z

Zathros

Make sure you hang around here and comment. I will prod you!! Merry Christmas!! :)