Galleon San Salvador 1:33

Z

Zathros

Hi you guys, I hope your doing well. Still on generator power here in Connecticut but everyone is safe and sound.

If anyone reading this thread is considering building this model, I did make a set of planking that can be put over the hull and get rid of the vertical lines. Link here :) :

http://www.zealot.com/forum/download...o=file&id=1400

carlos filipe

carlos filipe
Hi jarobinson:
The copperlining was a a techonology used some two centuries later. And it was a European technology. The Asians never felt their need, I don't know how they solved it. The Caribbbeans were being "visited" in the period of the galleon San Salvador by the Spanish.
As for the worms, what I've learned, the portuguese ships arriving form long oceanic voyages, after unloading the cargo woul set anchor quite near where I live on a part of the Bay of Tagus, the river mouth of a river (now gone or piped). The worms couldn't stand the lack of salt (although waters mix, but the content of salt on is less) and would leave the holes they drilled in the wood planking and would perish.
Hi Zathros, been thinking of you and your family. Didn't sent you an e-mail yet when on the news they mentione rupture of communications.
Best regards
Carlos

Hi Zathros,

Glad to hear that ya'll and yours made it through the weather okay. I feel for all those poor folks that had to endure that mess and the months if not years that it will take to actually recover from it all. Having grown up in Arkansas in our states' "Tornado Alley" I can appreciate it to some degree.

Looking forward to hearing from our boat building buddy here (I really want to make him practice his physical therapy by answering posts in his threads :twisted: )sign1

PaperAir

Hi Zathros,

Glad to hear that ya'll and yours made it through the weather okay. I feel for all those poor folks that had to endure that mess and the months if not years that it will take to actually recover from it all. Having grown up in Arkansas in our states' "Tornado Alley" I can appreciate it to some degree.

Looking forward to hearing from our boat building buddy here (I really want to make him practice his physical therapy by answering posts in his threads :twisted: )sign1
answer

PaperAir

i want to thank everyone for there suport the doctors and rehab is keeping me really busy but will check in when i can.

Z

Zathros

The "pointer" finger is the what is giving me great problems. I end up using my thumb and middle finger and ring finger to do a lot of what I do. My damage isn't repairable, but is more of a mechanical issue. The swelling in my neck is causing the inability of my fingers to work the way I want. Ironically, playing the Violin helps, a lot. It also aggravates the condition but keeps the fingers going, weird eh?

The reference pictures you have are incredible, where did you get those from? :)

PaperAir

The "pointer" finger is the what is giving me great problems. I end up using my thumb and middle finger and ring finger to do a lot of what I do. My damage isn't repairable, but is more of a mechanical issue. The swelling in my neck is causing the inability of my fingers to work the way I want. Ironically, playing the Violin helps, a lot. It also aggravates the condition but keeps the fingers going, weird eh?

The reference pictures you have are incredible, where did you get those from? :)
i googled revell spainish galleon

Z

Zathros

I am happy to see you just posting again. I feel like a window in the house was open, and cold ear was coming in. You posting feels like someone closed the window and now the place is all buttoned up! :)