G scale Operating Rotary Snowplow Outside

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by b28_82, Feb 26, 2007.

1. b28_82

b28_82 Member

2. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

It isn't the same one I saw last month but it still leads me to the same question. Why doesn't it short? BTW I wish I could find the other one, now that thing cut through the snow. :)
  3. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

That's Great!!!! Too cool!!! :) :)
  4. nachoman

nachoman Guest

What do you mean why doesn't it short? Do you mean electrical short through the snow? Water does not conduct elecrticity very well. Dissolved solids in the water conduct the electricity. Rainwater, or snow, has few disolved solids - no worries!

5. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

Those were awesome.
    I loved that little blower but I think I might have tried for a stronger motor.
  6. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

that is so freakin cool!!:Di saw one at a club layout made out of a weed wacker,all they did is put the plastic blades on and placed it on two flat cars and had a double header pusshin it.it cut through the snow like a champ and nothing could stop it!i plan on making a small outdoor layout and this i have to try!.

yah,nachoman is right.you can actually clean electronics in a tank of deionized water since particles are what make electronics short.
  7. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

Weed whackers rule. :D
  8. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

AMEN to that brother :D
  9. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

I could have used that on my driveway this weekend! :)
  10. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

LHS has a small G layout outside his shop that a local landscaper set up as an advertisement. I keep telling him he needs one of these, but so far he's not buying it. :)
  11. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

If only that was true for cell phones with the rainwater. I have lost two due to a few hard rains. Trust me it is just like putting them in the washing machine, they short.

My point is this I have some good experience since I run an eight-foot wide snow blower. The moisture, which is far from pure, builds up pretty fast through the blower and tractor. Now I don’t worry so much because the electrical system is sealed.

Now running an electrical train in a moisture environment intrigues me. The fact that they run without shorting in this environment is pretty good. I doubt the engine has a sealed electrical system and the simple fact that the engine operates without failing is pretty good.

[FONT=&quot]In any event I think it is cool and if I ever fine that other video I will post it so you can see what these things can do.[/FONT]