G.E.C's layout pictures

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
Time for new pictures!

I should update this thread more often but i haven't done much in a while.

sd7009mediumzo0.jpg

layoutspace015editedzv6.jpg

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
More pictures! Sorry, I still lack good light. All my previous lights burned out, unfortuneately. I haven't been able to get new brighter bulbs, or something to mount them with (falling being the main reason my lights are going out)

newtrainpictures010editob9.jpg

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
Illus said:
G.E.C, great pics! What is that track that is running right into the camera lens on the first pic you posted today?

Right behind the camera is Walther's Bralick Building. This kit is a model of an urban renewal stucture, and is actually the same kit as Walther's Hardwood furniture with different windows and inserts.

in the hardwood version, the tracks lead into the side of the building. I decided that it would be cool to model some old rails that used to go into the bralick building, but have been abandoned for a long time, and the building had since been re-done.

its basically tracks to no where, but The desired effect was to make it appear as though there was once more freight industry there, just like in real life.

If you look in the northern New Jersey area I model, there literally are sections of track to no-where, that just dissappear into reeds and don't come out the other side, except for maybe a scrap here and there, and some old road bed. I'm thinking of doing that in other places, but i'm not sure there is much room for that anymore.

Illus

Sep 24, 2006
Wyandotte, Michigan
Understood. We have that very thing running up to the building I work in. The door is gone, and the train bay filled in, but the tracks still run up to the wall on the outside...

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Nice and interesting pictures. From the work you did so far it is easy to see that your layout will look fantastic once it’s finished. :thumb:

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
Thanks alot guys!

i have more pictures i just took ( I found a light source!), but i'm so tired, i might fall asleep in front of the computer. I'll probably have them up early tommorow.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
This GP38-2 pullsits cars out of the shadow of the building acorss the street, and into the early morning sun.

newpictures112206021edimu7.jpg

This NJT ALP44 rockets past a Conrail local frieght. I REALLY need to get some of that Model Memorie's Catenary.

newpictures112206031edimq7.jpg

NS SD80MAC. I wish i could get my hands on the Conrail version though.

newpictures112206043edihv8.jpg

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
my New AEM-7, #921

newpictures112606008jp1.jpg

#911 is my other new AEM-7, behind 908.

newpictures112606002crofe3.jpg

My new Conrail Caboose, because every train needs a caboose. This is exactly like the one in front of the Mcdonalds near me, except still in the blue. Mcdonalds left the road number on, but everything else is red and yellow. the Mcdonalds one had originally started out on the New York Central, and ended up much like the model below before being sold to McDonald's.

newpictures112606011crojf2.jpg

My new HHP-8

newpictures112606013crozn2.jpg

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
Not pictured are my Septa Cars ( they need a shiny new (and 4th) AEM-7, and my Acela trainset ( no, not model trainset!), as well as my tankers. They will be up soon, with maybe a video of the Acela.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
alright guys, time for another update. I finally got around to layoing more scenery down. I have completed all of the basic scenery on the yard. It may need alittle toucup here and there, and the road entrance needsa little more work, but i think its pretty much done.

I got a few new cars ( BMWs, fords, etc), and a three packs of woodland scenics people for my layout, as well as a pair of fork lifts and a new Kato SD40 for christmas ( details on the way from walthers for it, and i might add the finishing touches on my U34CH). A BLI GG1 has also come into my posession.

right now the toughest part is the corners of my layout. while the two rear corners are pretty close to being set up right ( and the one is already finished), alot of space issues have come up. I'm probably going to have to remove my power lines on the front corners, because on the left side, the overpass takes up the space and a water tower takes up the space, not to mention the tower was to low to merge with my catenary transmission lines. on the other side, i'll have to subsequently remove that one as well, although i have moved my power station to that side.

i'm also going to have to finish some interiors for some of my buildings if i can.

More pictures tommorow.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
Alright, last few days have been busy. As I said, the basic yard scenery is up. Now i just need some more chain link fencing to go around the yard, and few extra gates, as well as some figures, and cars for the railroad workers. I'll probably be able to add some weeds and things eventually as well.

here is a picture of my yard all ballasted, and with the road to the office finished. as far as roads go, only the overpass that would b behind the camera is still giving me troubl, but i'll figure it out.

What other details should be added? anyone have any cool ideas?

IMG_1592edited.JPG

Conrail SD40 6345 pulls this old GG1 to a mueseum.

IMG_1580edited.JPG

the GG1 is a BLI locomotive, and the SD40 is kato. Detail parts for this locomotive are in the mail. The only detail i need to grab now are some eye bolts and apperently these units had the break wheel at the rear. I already installed sunshades. These 2 are my newest locomotives.

I plan on finally obtaining a GP40FH-2 shell and any parts ( like an extra athearn GP#-2 to power it) it needs before i go cold turkey on the locomotives. I have way to many! I plan on focusing my efforts on signaling, then ballasting and the rest of the details. Once the signals are installed, i'll order away for the catenary (Finally! i feel like i'm getting close to stringing wires!)