G.E.C's layout pictures

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Here are some pictures of my trains as i upload them. Its kidna weird i haven't done a thread like this on this site yet!

First up, my 44 tonner doing the dirty work.

newtrainpictures019_edited.jpg

My U34CH

img1146croppedca1_edited.jpg

an earlier picture, this all has ballast, ground foam, and the road has been painted and weathered.

IMG_0838.JPG

Fast freight! the area in the background has ground foam now.

AC4400CW.JPG

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
WOW thanks for sharing g.e.c.:thumb: :thumb:

I liked all of them, especially that one with the CSX and BNSF, to of my favoirte road names.:D :D

Great Pictures, any more??

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Thats about as far as my CSX and BNSF stuff goes, but i do have 2 new locomotives, an AEM7 and an SD80MAC

First, another picture of the local. my nice bight light has blown, so i'll need to get a new light sometime. sorry for the darkness!

new_train_pictures_027_edited_medium_224.jpg

My AEM7. the usceniced portion is a tough spot for me, because i can't really decide what to do there. Now it looks like my road birdge will take up most of that corner. In addition, when i add the Catenary wires, i wanted the transmission towers to be semi hooked up with the igh tension power lines for a little bit, but i don't know if there is sapce or realistic clearance for it. It might just be a water tower (to the left where the picture ends) there and stuff.

new_train_pictures_022_edited_medium_138.jpg

My SD80MAC is way to big for this layout! oh well, it looks cool!

Attachments

• new 014_edited (Small).jpg
    new 014_edited (Small).jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1,271

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
My ALP44 pulling into the station. once all the signalling and anything else relating to the tracks is done, i'll install the catenary wires.

new_train_pictures_013_cropped_edited_medium_888.jpg

LoudMusic

Looking at the pictures where the edge of your layout is exposed, "I knew it! The world is flat! And remarkably thin ..." ;)

Nice stuff. The stats junky in me wants to see a map of your layout and some 'overview' pictures - but I bet it looks a bit like a construction zone at this point.

Good stuff, always fun to see others' projects. You have a really colorful roster of locos.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
LoudMusic said:
Looking at the pictures where the edge of your layout is exposed, "I knew it! The world is flat! And remarkably thin ..." ;)

lol, thats the NJT's selling point. Passengers pay big bucks to speed safely along the end of the world and look over the edge!!! sign1

Nice stuff. The stats junky in me wants to see a map of your layout and some 'overview' pictures - but I bet it looks a bit like a construction zone at this point.

Good stuff, always fun to see others' projects. You have a really colorful roster of locos.

lol, everything involving me looks like a construction zone, which is why you need hard hats to enter my room, but thats another story....:rolleyes: I'll need to buy some fascia or atleast attach some construction paper some times to the ends of my layout. I do have a few overview shots, but they aren't that great. Its still a work in progress, but i cheat by trying to creatively edit my pictures so you can't see most of stuff. Unfortuneatley, i haven't been able to use the other computer in the house with the good picture editing, so i'm stuck with the ends showing, lol.

Thanks for your comments!

UP SD40-2

g_e_c, NICE SHOTS!:thumb: , looks like you have some interesting motive power too!:thumb: the weathering on that Conrail Geep looks GREAT!:thumb: , and i REALLY like your American hardware supply:thumb: :thumb: :D . good stuff you have there;):D . THANKS!:D -Deano

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
UP SD40-2 said:
g_e_c, NICE SHOTS!:thumb: , looks like you have some interesting motive power too!:thumb: the weathering on that Conrail Geep looks GREAT!:thumb: , and i REALLY like your American hardware supply:thumb: :thumb: :D . good stuff you have there;):D . THANKS!:D -Deano

Thanks, More on the way!

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
More great pictures g.e.c. I like that bridge you got there and those Protech silos look so good in the backround!!:thumb: :thumb:

Look forward to seeing more.

ejen34

Excellent shots GEC, I have a question if I may, who is the supplier of those Protech Plastics bins/silos? Are they the Walthers ones that you cut? They sure look like ones that I am a'needin' :thumb:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
ejen34 said:
Excellent shots GEC, I have a question if I may, who is the supplier of those Protech Plastics bins/silos? Are they the Walthers ones that you cut? They sure look like ones that I am a'needin' :thumb:

I think that they are the Walthers Plastic Pellet transfer silos.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
ejen34 said:
Alright, Thanks Josh :)

They are in deed! Here are some pictures of it, They are pretty straight forward. The kit is built like it is on the box, except for a small connector in the middle of the loading pipes.

Attachments

• IMG_1251 edited.JPG
    IMG_1251 edited.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 2,804
  • IMG_1253 edited.JPG
    IMG_1253 edited.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 2,713
  • IMG_1254 edited.JPG
    IMG_1254 edited.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 2,757

ejen34

green_elite_cab said:
They are in deed! Here are some pictures of it, They are pretty straight forward. The kit is built like it is on the box, except for a small connector in the middle of the loading pipes.
Many thanks for these great shots, has helped immensely :thumb:

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Looks like my camera's batteries died, but here are some pics i was able to squeeze out. I had some track problems today, so this was a nice oppertunity.

IMG_1258.JPG

The job is finished, time to go home!

IMG_1263.JPG

Heading Home

IMG_1268.JPG

n2trains

Very impressive. Progressing nicely! you spoke of a construction zone, I completely understand that one when working on the layout. A buddy of mine had most of his room taken up by a layout we were building, and I don't think there was more than 5 minutes between us finishing cleaning and it being back to its original state! heh. But keep 'em coming, looking great!