FYI.... Model RR Show on TV

Iron Goat

Apr 9, 2004
Missouri
Visit site
Just an FYI.... On Sunday 12/26/04 CBS will air a special segment on Model Railroading on the "SUNDAY MORNING" show, with Charles Osgood.

The show is scheduled for 8 AM (Central Time Zone), on that date.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, GAUGERS !!!

Bob :wave:

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
N Gauger said:
Only thing that bugged me was they started with the book "Playing with Trains" :(

:p :D Oh, well, another pat on the head by Major Media reserved for us eccentrics, "There, there, son, don't forget to dust 'em off and give us a call for next year's puff piece" :rolleyes: :p ;)

However, if anyone, ANYONE, finds me sleeping on the layout room floor wearing six-week-old sweat pants and disconnecting my phones, you have my permission to have me put away for a couple o' weeks weaving baskets at the rest home. :thumb:

Iron Goat

Apr 9, 2004
Missouri
Visit site
Yeah, it was a very short segment, and certainly could have been a lot better without Posey's remarks about "sleeping on the basement floor", and "not taking off his sweats for months while working on his layout" didn't help the MRR image.

Bob :curse:

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
docsnavely said:
So, what I'm gathering from everyone is that I didn't miss much.

-doc

Well, it wasn't bad...the scenery shown was nice and the layouts top notch. I'm sure Tony Koester will make mention of it in one of his "Trains of Thought" columns in MR, he was spotted in it three times. Posey's comments about working in sweat pants that hadn't been washed in 6 weeks and sleeping on the layout room floor made him look somewhat certifiable. Like most major media spots on the hobby, the better part of introducing folks to it is left to us so...keep them sweat pants washed right regular and don't forget to come out and shower once in a while.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
belg said:
A big 4 and a 1/2 minutes of coverage and not worth all the time I spent watching the other segments before it. Pat
Hey, you forgot the 15 seconds they talked about the train that runs through the Vatican. :) They showed a shot of the tracks, but no train that I saw, and a station that was mostly a dept. store since hardly anyone comes by train anymore. :D :D

But, since I was going to be at church and breakfast, and since I have a Dish Ntwk. DVR, I recorded it. As short as it was, I always enjoy seeing someone else's layout, or miniscule parts of it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I could play it back a couple of times and even freeze -frame a shot. Made it seem like gee, eight or nine minutes worth then.

The part that really impressed me though, was near the end when they showed a three rail Lionel O gauge going around the bend, and when it came past the station, it wound up being HO. Is that camera magic or what.... :eek:ops: :eek:ops:

LIRR

Dec 19, 2004
Hahahah! did posey really say that? Hes one funny guy, i need to pick up that book of his.