FYI Australian modelers

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by sumpter250, Aug 9, 2002.

1. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

I was out "hobby shopping" and ended up at Hill's Hobby in Park Ridge Il.. There was a brass loco on the shelf that made me think of you folk down under.
    The model is a PFM import, brass, New South Wales Garrett/B peacock 4-8-4+4-8-4. It is a bit pricey at $1495.00, but if anyone is interested, the shop's webpage is
    email at
  2. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

A what?

Hippsy doo dah!! That's more than $3000 AUS!! Hippy be!! Plus I can't say I've ever heard of one of those either! :eek:

I'll do some research.
  3. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

A 60 Class

Ah HA! A NSWGR 60 Class. One of these:

Heaps of piccies of the 60 Class clickhere. There are also hudreds of other Australian Railways piccies (hundreds) on that link as well.

Piccies courtesy of John Hurst's webpage. .click here

It is also available for MS Train Simulator here

As are many others including NSWGR 3801 (which I have on Garahbara) [​IMG]

and many other Australian stock and locos for Train Simulator.

Happy TOOTing! :D
  4. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

A 60 class. There are few here (stateside) who would know that. That is the beast ! Hills does have alot of brass, and all of it is way too expensive for me ( and it doesn't move all that quickly either) . I thought that if someone was looking for one of these, the info would be helpful. I suspect that someday, some collector will aquire it to put on the shelf. The chances, that somebody locally would need it for their layout, are slim and none, and Slim's been out of town for months.