Fyffe Sound System

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Good Morning! Does anyone out there have or remember Fyffe Sound Systems? They were made in the 60's and tried to be a competitor of PFM. A fellow modeler that I correspond with has acquired one apparently in working order and we are trying to find an instruction manual to work some "bugs" out of it. Any information will be appreciated. Thanks :)

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Many thanks Woodie for taking your time to look that up. Unfortunately we have already been there and all that they have on the Fyffe system is refferences to advertising material. Nothing on the operation or anything technical.:( My friend even got a packet of photo copied material from them but all it was was advertising.

Again thanks for your effort:)

We're going to keep "hammering away" on this one though!!!:D

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Was having a "senior moment" when I made the orginal post and should have stated the problem:eek:

The system seems to work OK. but the speakers are getting extremly hot, almost to the point of self destruction.:eek:

Using the same filter circuit that PFM used (capacitors in series) and have tried various values with no improvement.

We suspect that Fyffe may have used additional components in their onboard filter...but what and what values???:confused:

Thanks to everyone who has read this post.:)