Future upgrades for my RC18T

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Justin_E, Sep 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

The following are the upgrades I am planning on getting:
    -60T Spur Gear
    -60T Gear Cover
    -11T Pinion Gear
    -Differential Shim Set
    -Factory Team Front Shock Bodies and Collars
    -Factory Team Rear Shock Bodies and Collars
    -FT Aluminum Dogbones(Two Sets)
    -MIP CVD Axles
    -BRP Aluminum Wheel Locknuts
    -RPM Front Bumper Blue
    -Outdrive sleeves, Where can I get these?
    -Airtronics MX-3, 3 Channel FM 94102Z Radio
    TOTAL PRICE - $184.04, w/out tax (TowerHobbies)
    I am also getting a mamba, but Im not sure yet which one

Are there any more upgrades I should get?
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

for the mamba if u wana have a truck that you pretty much can't keep the wheels down get the Comp X and a 3 cell Thunder pack and a
    Dynamite Vision Peak Ultra charger which can charge lipo's and Nimh and Nicd. U can find them for about 90 bucks off of ebay. The pack is about 50 bucks which is a good deal. 3 cell 1320 mah Lipo. If you buy most other lipo chargers u need a power supply, with the Vision Peak Ultra u don't. I have been useing it for awhile now and no problems what so ever.

Charger on ebay:

The lipo I have is TP1320-3SJ and I love the run time and power. It takes about an hour to charge if the pack is all the way down to about 9.6 volts. With the charger u can change the amps. I charge the batt at 1.35 amps and does not get hot at all. IF you go this route make sure every time u charge a lipo it is on the lipo charge setting, if for some reason u don't change it or foreget it can/will catch on fire or explode
  3. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

ok thanks...I might go the lipo route a little later...short for me right now as usual
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.