Future Texan. YEEEE HAW

Wuts going on fellow modelers? I live in New Mexico at the moment, but next month, I will be moving 12 hours away to big San Antonio Texas. Im just wondering if any of you guys are familiar with the town in terms of model train shops, clubs and any places where you can go spot real trains for pictures and such. I live in a small town and there is one train store. San Antonio is HUGE, so Im sure there are a few. Where do some of you guys and gals go? I appreciate the information.

Gary S.

Don't know anything about the San Antonio modeling scene because I am in Houston, but:

Welcome to Texas!

TexDoc

Sam,
Dibble's Hobbies in Donalson Village has been around for 50+ years. Since moving back to Texas I have visited several times when is SA. Being on the SP, MoPac, and Katy main lines for years and then all being aquired by the Ugly Pacific, SA has lots of train watching available. Especially if you like derailments which the UP seems to do regularly in San Antonio.
Of course traffic is murder, but so is any other large city. I was there this morning fighting it.
Doc

Thanks Gary! TexDoc, i'll have to check out Dibble's. I have heard about the san antonio rush hours. I used to live in Albuquerque, and it gets pretty bad around there too. But im looking for a better future and I cant have one here in this small town, so ill have to put up with the SA traffic. Thanks for the help