Futaba Radio Help

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by davegh, Aug 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davegh

davegh New Member

Help. New to flying. I have been flying a RTF Hobbico Nexstar for the last 2 months now. It came complete with radio and an all. ( RTF )
    I have now purchased 2 other planes, a Corsair F4U and An Avistar. Neither of these planes came with a radio or servos or anything. They were kits.
    How can I use the same Futaba radio for all 3 planes ? Is this possible ? If so: How?

Thanks in advance for any help
  2. kschauwe

kschauwe New Member

You could buy a second and third receivers plus full set of servos for the other two planes. But since the Radio doesn't have multi model memory, you would have to reset the setup for each plane, as you fly them. The 4YBF is a basic 4 channel radio, made just for that package. (It's not on Futaba web page.)
    Either get two new complete radio systems for the new planes, or get a good 6-channel, FM radio with multi-model memory, and a second receiver with servos for the third plane.
  3. davegh

davegh New Member

I had a look at the Futaba web-site and found the Futaba 6EXA would suit my needs. 6 Channel with memory for 6 different models.

Thanks for the help.
    Dave
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.