Fuso 1:430

YuG

Jun 22, 2007
blogs.yahoo.co.jp
Hi everyone,

I am currently building Japanese battle ship Fuso.
This is Digital Navy's kit designed as 1:250 scale.
Having space problem for keeping ship models, reduced it size to 1:430. I intended to reduce to 1:400 but it was my failure to made it 1:430.

As joint line between skins of underwater stoodout, glued 5mm width paper strip on it to hide joint lines.

I have trouble making handrails and still thinking what kind of material to use. Around bridge I made some handrails using sewing thread for vertical support and thread extracted from pantihose for horizontai rails as test but it seems strength is not enough.

fuso_1.jpg

fuso_2.jpg

fuso_3.jpg

fuso_4.jpg

C

cgutzmer

AWESOME! That is some very nice work there buddy! Try getting some laser cut rails. I think some people have had luck with thread. I would order em myself if they make them in a scale close enough....
Chris

Clashster

Dec 1, 2006
The Conch Republic
Beautiful build, Yu! The bridge structure is awesome looking - great job on getting it together! Barry did a nice tutorial on making railings. Not sure if it was pre-move, but it is worth looking at. I will see if I can find the link....

Chris

Well, found the link:
Barry's railing tutorial

Teamski

Mar 29, 2007
Delaware
:eek: jawdrop :-o :excited1: :inw: :razz:

Stunning work!!! I don't know how you do it! That is one sharp, clean ship....

-Ski

YuG

Jun 22, 2007
blogs.yahoo.co.jp
Hi Ski,
Thank you for your kind comments.
And It is nice to know you also seem to have made several 1:400 ships. I have been looking for 1:400 buddies since many of Japanese fellow modelers would not take up 1:400.

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
That's a superb job at any scale I must admit I really enjoyed building that one. Looking forward to a lot more pics on her.

cmdrted

Jul 8, 2004
Avondale,Pa. USA
Excellant building. What type of cardstock did you use? did you have to use thinner paper for the smallest bit, bollards etc? Once again excellant build!

YuG

Jun 22, 2007
blogs.yahoo.co.jp
Thank you for your comments.

I use rather thin ordinary card. For small parts, I always cut back side of cut edges where edges are glued with adjacent edges so that I do not need to paint cut edges. And also cut out backside of folding line to facilitate falding. Main aim of these cutting is to make all corner as sharp as possible so that appearance seems to be sharp.

I named this as "cutting-edge technology":mrgreen: Not funny?

When parts are very small like range finder I peel off back side paper

I hope attached pics will be help to you reinforcing my clumsy explanation
fuso_0002.jpg

fuso_0001.jpg

Gregory Shoda

Apr 17, 2004
Honolulu, HI
I meant to comment on your catapult earlier. Very skillful cutting! I couldn't do it myself. I would be overcutting all the bracing.

Looks like very complicated work on the pagoda. Looks really HARD!

YuG

Jun 22, 2007
blogs.yahoo.co.jp
Hi Rick,
I am very proud that my model pleases you.
Having read your thread on P-47, I realized anew that making model carefully and in no hurry is the best way to make satisfactory model

Hi G. Shoda
It’s nice to meet you again. I think perhaps I met you somewhere in Europe.

fuso_bridge.JPG

cmdrted

Jul 8, 2004
Avondale,Pa. USA
Russell, don't give brain surgeons that much credit! YuG thankyou for such a wonderful model and thanks for the information about small parts!

RTomedi

Jun 8, 2007
Blumenau - SC - Brazil
It seems that Yu is not only an "airplane model master", but "anything that is made with paper master"... :eek:
Extraordinary!!!
Lets anxiously wait for the next steps. :thumb:

A question (maybe a stupid one!): What is this railing that you are talking about? :confused:

YuG

Jun 22, 2007
blogs.yahoo.co.jp
Thank you guys for your warm words

On the other day I watched TV program featuring a Japanese renowned brain surgeon. In the program the surgeon uses several hundred tools that he devised for fine work. If he made card models, he must be excellent modeler but he has no time to spare travelling around the world for operation and lecture

airbob, your Hiryu's progress is very fast and superb:thumb: I want to refer to your way of making aircraft carrier later

Ricardo,
handrails are indicated by red arrows in attached picture.

Today made only one boat
Used thin clear film, that was put in expensive lunch box bought in bullet train, for pane.

railing.jpg

DSCF1165.JPG

DSCF1177.JPG