fundraiser ends with a winner

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by philip, Mar 6, 2004.

1. philip

philip Guest

The local hobbyshop just ended a fundraiser today. We as a 28 member club raised $1400.OO. My son won $250.00 cash! :thumb:

Joe Lowery " Founding member of the Radcliff Model Rail Association" on the left hands over the money and a big handshake to my son Philip III. And a lot of smiling going on today!:D

Attached Files:

2. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

That's great that you guys are involved in fund raising. :) :) :) Now, what are the chances that at least some of the money will be spent on "the Hobby" LOL Too Cool!! Congrats!!!!!
  3. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

That's great!! What were the funds raised for? Inquiring minds would like to know. :D :D

4. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Congrats to your son! Ditto on Val's question. :)
  5. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

I wanna know what he spent the prize money on! :D :D :D
  6. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Who cares where the money goes, those smiles are priceless.
  7. philip

philip Guest

the money

The fundraiser money will be used for structures. scenery, signal detection electronic stuff any thing needed until we run out of money.

My son took the money to Walmart and bought a theatre surround system for his 27 inch TV. Spent ever dime that Saturday and dad chauffered him around looking for the best deal. We went to fort Knox and looked at the stuff at the PX exchange for hours looking at sound systems.

You figure he would have bought train stuff......sorry he's into gaming..for now