Fullard Glass Co.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Wow Robin, I don't know what more to say that hasn't been said already! That factory sure looks at home on your layout - I love it! You've done a spectacular job in record time, and as someone else mentioned it has been a real treat to follow your progress!
Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and by the way, you're so right about that security guard. He looks exactly like the guy who wouldn't let me in!

cheers
Val

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Once again a BIG thanks to you Val. If you hadn't posted those great photos you took of the glass factory, this model wouldn't exist.
Now any time a factory backs onto a railroad track, it doesn't take long for frustrated artists to hone their skills. Some of them do marvellous work.

Attachments

• gl36.jpg
    gl36.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 171
Thanks for all these fantastic photos - a real step-by-step course in scratchbuilding! Amazing what you can do with a little cardboard and a lot of creativity. Maybe a magazine would be interested in publishing an article on this.

Have you thought of sending some of these photos to the owners of the prototype glass factory in Brampton? They would probably be thrilled to see them.

Please do the same on your next project - watching something like this go together is very educational and inspiring. Regards...

P

philip

Fullard Glass

Robin: Thats is one fine model and scene! Love all the details! That model is a great accomplishment!

philip;)

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
No doubt that LPB security dude was hard at work on another donut when those artists "tagged" the property. They look great...oh, and you need to call up the Corp of Engineers about that sinkhole out back of the plant. I remember as a kid believing that the ground was framed up with alot of 2x4s, your modeling has proved me right after all :)

jawatkins

Aug 21, 2003
Allen, TX
Visit site
All I can say it "Ditto" to everything everyone else has said. You are truly a fine artisan and craftsman. I have so enjoyed watching this come together.

Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
Thanks very much for your kind words and support folks. It makes it very worthwhile to share what I am doing to create my MAT layout. Industries like this one go a long way to pay the costs of operating a railroad.

penngg1

Sep 8, 2003
Newfield, NY
Visit site
WOW!!!! Thank you for sharing your bountiful gifts and talents with us. After locking at 3 of your projects 2 questions come to mind.
1. Have you used these gifts to make a livelyhood?
2. Do you have any problems with humidity affecting the structures?
Thank you again.
Bud Miller (no laughing now);) :D :confused:

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
Bud, for a while I made some wood items like shelving, tables and chairs for kids and other items that were sold in a craft store. I had a hard time keeping up with orders so quit doing that so I could spend time on my layout. I have not sold any model railroad stuff I have made.
Humidity in my house ranges from 30% to 50% so have had no damage to any of the structures I have made.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Originally posted by Matthyro
Humidity in my house ranges from 30% to 50% so have had no damage to any of the structures I have made.

I remember my first real layout I built when I was 14. It was in a basement that was very damp. A light fuzz of some type (kind of looked like hoar frost) would grow on all the wood. I tried everything to fix it, nothing would stop it, even a coat of paint. Eventually I learned to spray all wood with Lysol before mounting it. That did the trick, although I'd never build in that type of situation again, no telling what it did/could do to my mechs.

SD90

May 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I guess I'm lucky, the climate around Calgary is very dry, so I don't have to worry about humidity. Nice work as usual Robin! Keep the new projects coming! (and pictures!)

Mike.