Fullard Glass Co.

belg

bristol board ???

Robin, great work as has been your norm. The budget actually allowed for some purchase of non cerealboard supplies?? What's up with that? Now my question what is this special board? Like posterboard?

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Belg, I guess you could call it poster board. I got it at a Dollar store. Two 28 by 24 sheets for a buck. Can't go wrong at that price.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Originally posted by Matthyro
Belg, I guess you could call it poster board. I got it at a Dollar store. Two 28 by 24 sheets for a buck. Can't go wrong at that price.
As aways, amazing work Robin.

RE:material. I've watched more episodes of This Old House then I should admit, but on a lot of them, the architect will build a scale model of the house out of some light, easy to cut plastic material. I haven't done any scratchbuilding yet, but am anxious to try and I was wondering about this material. I have no idea if it is worth looking at or if it would work for N scale. Any thoughts?

Don

Matthyro

Don, there is no limit to the various materials we can use for scratchbuilding. As long as there is a ready supply of stuff, I would try anything. I have even used plastic from an old vertical blind and it works well.
Back to the model, I have started the detail on the roof of the tower. More to come.

Attachments

• gl6.jpg
    gl6.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 246

shaygetz

Originally posted by Matthyro
Anyone for PACMAN:D :D :D

Thought they were CPRail stencils...:p

OK...what's yer secret, smellin' salts, high octane coffee, a cattle prod? Clearly you don't sleep to get all this done, even with a 'Jays game;) on the tube....

Matthyro

Thanks guys, I do need my 8 hours sleep.
I try to get a bit done each day so here's what I got done.
Adding to the tower, one step at a time.

Attachments

• gl7.jpg
    gl7.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 211

spitfire

Fantastic Robin! The sooner you finish, the sooner I can start enjoying the profits from "my" company!

cheers
Val

Robin,
I'm amazed at your innovativeness in making such a superb structure from a singe photo of the prototype. All the "finnicky" detail like the railings etc give the model such a feeling of functionality.
Just don't tell us the heartache you experienced getting it to the stage it's at already....:)

Great modelling from a great modeller! ... congrats.

Errol

Matthyro

Errol, Val (SPITFIRE) was very good to me and sent me a number of photos she had taken. I just posted one at the start to show what I hope to achieve.
Did some more detail on the tower today.

Attachments

• gl8.jpg
    gl8.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 242

Matthyro

I added vents to the three buildings and a conveyer cross-over.

Attachments

• gl9.jpg
    gl9.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 240

Matthyro

The top of the tower is getting cluttered. Here is a view looking north, north west

Attachments

• gl10.jpg
    gl10.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 237

belg

Robin I can't wait til I retire so I can spend more time modeling I only hope my hands don't shake when I'm taking the picturesLOL. Excellent work buddy I think the stress of this task must be getting to you.

Matthyro

Yup belg, I should be using a tripod for these close ups. Sorry about the blurring Will try to re take them

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Robin,
When you assemble the more complicated parts of your structures like that criss-cross work on the tower pictured above, do you use a template or do you just eyeball it? also, do you employ tweezers during assemly or other tools that would be good for my less than nimble fingers?
Ralph

RailRon

And I always thought that the fabrication of glass was a fairly easy process! Looking at your model, Robin, I get the impression, that somehow it must be terribly complicated. :eek:

The wealth of detail on your model is simply overwhelming. One more fantastic model 'growing up' - and we have the opportunity to peek over your shoulders! Thanks Robin, for sharing with us! :cool:

Ron