Full hulls without too many tears

barry

Rails and racks

Used a can of car grey primer to paint the bits of wire seems to have worked out well tried it on one of the test whalers as well seemed to work ok.

P1010669.jpg

P1010670.jpg

P1010671.jpg

P1010672.jpg

The last pic just looked more realistic to me back tp measure 4 (?) grey

Dry docked all explosives removed !!!!

barry

Rails and racks

Used a can of car grey primer to paint the bits of wire seems to have worked out well tried it on one of the test whalers as well seemed to work ok.

P1010669.jpg

P1010670.jpg

P1010671.jpg

P1010672.jpg

The last pic just looked more realistic to me back tp measure 4 (?) grey

Dry docked all explosives removed !!!!

Bowdenja

DING! I am really dense................... but I get it now Maurice!

What a wonderful idea on fabicating the ladder and the railing.............

ummmmmmmmm...... please don't hold my stupidity against me:eek:ops:

john

Bowdenja

DING! I am really dense................... but I get it now Maurice!

What a wonderful idea on fabicating the ladder and the railing.............

ummmmmmmmm...... please don't hold my stupidity against me:eek:ops:

john

barry

more of the same

Just more of the railings but I'm getting towards the end then it's on to ladders got to put some external coolers on the funnels and build another hedgehog and all the rounds still.

P1010675.jpg

P1010674.jpg

barry

more of the same

Just more of the railings but I'm getting towards the end then it's on to ladders got to put some external coolers on the funnels and build another hedgehog and all the rounds still.

P1010675.jpg

P1010674.jpg

Jim Krauzlis

Wotcher, bazzer!:)

I've gotta say, seems to me you're getting better and better with the railing, mate! This one seems to have a lot of complex work involved, more so than I've seen in your earlier builds...very impressive, mate!

As always, a pure pleasure to see your updates!

Cheers!
Jim

Jim Krauzlis

Wotcher, bazzer!:)

I've gotta say, seems to me you're getting better and better with the railing, mate! This one seems to have a lot of complex work involved, more so than I've seen in your earlier builds...very impressive, mate!

As always, a pure pleasure to see your updates!

Cheers!
Jim

barry

End of the railings saga

You will be glad to note no more railings pictures I've added the funnel radiators and rear pipes and the last of the Kgun racks and the end is in sight I hope. Bollards, cleats and some rockets and a couple of bent wire radars

P1010682.jpg

P1010681.jpg

P1010680.jpg

barry

End of the railings saga

You will be glad to note no more railings pictures I've added the funnel radiators and rear pipes and the last of the Kgun racks and the end is in sight I hope. Bollards, cleats and some rockets and a couple of bent wire radars

P1010682.jpg

P1010681.jpg

P1010680.jpg

barry

Radar arrays range finders

Made the aft radars from wire squares covered in gold metallic ribbon and sprayed with auto primer from a long distance in very quick puffs I was quite pleased with the result (from a distance anyway). Optical AA range finders a bit crude but reasonably effective.

P1010719.jpg

P1010717.jpg

P1010718.jpg

P1010720.jpg

P1010716.jpg

barry

Radar arrays range finders

Made the aft radars from wire squares covered in gold metallic ribbon and sprayed with auto primer from a long distance in very quick puffs I was quite pleased with the result (from a distance anyway). Optical AA range finders a bit crude but reasonably effective.

P1010719.jpg

P1010717.jpg

P1010718.jpg

P1010720.jpg

P1010716.jpg

barry

Mast ladder

About what I achieved today...........one mast ladder created using Maurice's system........not too bad for spacing. One day i will remember to leave the supports in before I mindlessly chop them all off !! Have to use some card strips on this one

P1010724.jpg

P1010725.jpg

barry

turret ladders

Final straight just adding odd bits have to tackle the parts I hate most tomorrow the propellors

P1010726.jpg

P1010729.jpg

barry

Prps

Carl may hate undercarriage legs but not half as much as I hate ships propellors, needs the rest of the steady bars fitting but I will wait for the glue to harden. The propellors on Gearings seem to be huge for the ships size. I'm trying to finish off all the bits I have been leaving for a while, Spruance's shafts are next in line they have about 8 blades why don't I go back to waterline hulls.

P1010748.jpg

P1010749.jpg

P1010750.jpg