fuel

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by WESTSIDERIDER310, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have two gallons of trinity monster horse power nitro fuel....i opened one about two months ago and the other one is sealed....i was wondering if i can still use the one that was opened or should i toss it.....also i need to break in an engine would it be better to get fresh fuel or can i use the one i opened two months ago.....
  2. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

It might be okay cause its been closed and not open to any oxygen. But just to be a safe,if you want get new fuel.
  3. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

for the new engine you should deffinatly get new fuel
  4. could i use the fuel on an engine that was already broken in....if the fuel is no good my engine just won't start right....and if it does start it will run hot....so then i can toss it right....or will it cause damage to the engine. Also i have another gallon but it sealed so thats still good.....
  5. monsterrcbuilder04

it should be good. but you should make shure its mixed up. if it has bean sitting for a while the contants brobly have seperated
  6. mastmec

mastmec Member

Your fuel should last several months with a lid and stored in a cool, dry spot off the ground.
  7. I have it stored in my basement and its pretty cool down there. but the problem is that its been sitting on the ground.
  8. monsterrcbuilder04

you should put things like that on a palat or some kind of wooden platform.
  9. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

why cant it be on the ground?
  10. Slammer

Slammer Guest

Nitro fuel is Hygroscopic. Which means; A hygroscopic material (literally "water seeking") is one that readily absorbs water (usually from the atmosphere).
  11. monsterrcbuilder04

the basment floor is cement? cement is usually cool and damp
  12. Yea its cement.... its in a aluminum can...not the plastic jugs...also I have one sealed that one should be fine right.... that one was on the floor too.
  13. Jshaff15

Jshaff15 Member

dont pitch it. if you are about to I will take it. my os .12 has been running forever and I have ran 7+ year old airplane fuel through it, I know its not good for it but I was foolish then.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.