Fuel to carb problem?

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by vette_7t9, May 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

After I refuel my car after it runs out, I try to prime it again but the fuel reaches the carb, and falls back into the fuel tank. Is it due to the engine being overheated? Am I running too hot? I floored the throttle on my neighborhood straight like continually. Is that bad? LIke I floor it one way, u turn, and then floor it again the other way. If i am doing something bad, tell me to stop!
  2. John Binz

John Binz New Member

It sounds like the engine is (vapor locking). You need to richen your engine up a quarter turn to a half a turn. Do you have a temp gun?? This is a really important thing to have so you are not cooking you motor. After you floor the throttle are you giving the engine anytime what so ever to cool down any??
  3. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

No i aint giving it time. That is quite bad i think. what is vapor lock may i ask? i am very new to this hobby!
  4. redheat

redheat Member

First off use the 3 second rule when using wot dont go past 3 seconds that'll keep you in the safe zone. Purchase a temp gun ,monitor temp. Need much more info.
  5. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

wat is vapour lock? and some people tell me i have a pinch in the fuel line?!?!
  6. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

hey dont worry about a rule for 3 seconds on WOT a nitro engine is made to run fast and hard, just like a regualr size car! If you have the setting right not so learn or rich just perfect, your good and yes you have to monitor the engine temp. When ti is running lean it will be alot warmer then if you run it rich. I myself have never heard of vapor lock
  7. mastmec

mastmec Member

Vapor lock is when the fuel boils off into a gas and creates a air bubble in the line (pressure), causing fuel not to flow. Basically, your running it too hot. Richen it up, way up, if your going to be running it that hard, these engines aren't designed for long WOT times, use the three to four second rule and you'll be ok.
  8. redheat

redheat Member

I would bet that 90% of the people on this forum dont have a perfectly tuned engine so I would say a 3 sec. wot does apply, these motors arent made to go wot much beyond that with out causing damage. Why do you think that , under normal conditions a well taken cared of motor last about 3 gal. before performance starts dropping or motor blows.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.