FSM Houligan's Alley

Karl Osolinski

Hello everyone,

I finished this a couple weeks ago. I changed a few things here and there. I like messing around with these kits just to make them a little different.

Karl Osolinski
Berkley, MI

Attachments

• 4gauge.jpg
    4gauge.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 200
  • 21gauge.jpg
    21gauge.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 200
  • 55gauge.jpg
    55gauge.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 196
  • 58gauge.jpg
    58gauge.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 209
  • 78gauge.jpg
    78gauge.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 195
WOW! ... let me repeat W O W !

I agree with the others...you are a great craftsman and give us all something to strive for on our own layouts. :thumb:

Could you tell me about securing those cool looking ads to your fences. Like how thin is the material you apply and do you just glue them on and then overcoat them with dull coat?

Regards,

Karl Osolinski

vanda32547 said:
I agree with the others...you are a great craftsman and give us all something to strive for on our own layouts. :thumb:

Could you tell me about securing those cool looking ads to your fences. Like how thin is the material you apply and do you just glue them on and then overcoat them with dull coat?

Regards,
Hi Bob,

Thanks. I think signs play an important part in our models. I've been collecting old signs and sources of them for quite some time.

I have all my signs loaded in Microsoft Word and when I need one (or a bunch) I size them for the application and print them on an inkjet printer.
After they are dry, I sand the back (carefully) to the point of being able to almost see through them - it can be tedious but I think it pays off. I glue the signs on with a very small amount of Elmer's Glue - and that's it.

Karl Osolinski
Berkley, MI

jetrock

Signs are indeed important--I have been scouring the Internet and other assorted sources to try and get as many local pieces of signage as I can--sometimes appropriated from matchbooks and other things that weren't strictly billboards, but add a sense of place and location by their ad for local businesses.

Darn fine modelmaking--lots of details and things to look at. Scenes within a scene add a lot of character.

TrainClown

I really like the rusted hulk on the forgotten tracks and that whole back-40 look you created there, and the hobo and his dog.

TrtainClown :D