Front Range Products

CN_Pete

I need some help,
I need to try and find someone who still has parts for a Front Range Products drive truck.
I have a GP9 and both drive truck caps have broken off.
Does anyone know who carries parts or can steer me in the right direction.

Thanks

Peter

Don

I'm not positive but I think the FR gearbox was somewhat of an Athearn clone. Possibly one from Ath. or P2k would work or could be adapted.
Don

NYC-BKO

Pete,

I wish I could help, just looked at mine, it is similar to a Kato cover but it is thinner, I lost half my handrails somehow and got a set of Atlas to try and replace. I don't know if Caboose Hobbies in Denver ( I think that's them ) might have parts they were a big dealer of them at one time. If I remember correctly.

Russ Bellinis

A company called "Trains Unlimited" out of Colorado bought the old Front Range Gp7 & 9 dies and is marketing the locomotives as body kits, with the frames, trucks, etc. available. He doesn't sell through distributors as far as I know. I used to see him at G.A.T. Shows here in Ca. I did a Google search, but couldn't find him there. You can use Athearn trucks on a Front Range frame. You just need to use a file to carefully remove a little bit of the bolster until the truck fits nicely. The frame bolster is just a slight bit thick for the Athearn truck to fit without the mod.