Front page down

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by rickstef, May 1, 2006.

1. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Hi all,

As you might have noticed, the front page is not what it used to be.
    we were hacked, this sunday afternoon(4-30-2006)

Peter will redo the front page, making it more secure.

we hope that we will be showing the new improved front page soon.

stick with us, we will be back

2. Wilfried

Wilfried New Member

Moin Rickstef,

I've had seen it yesterday in the evening; I wish you luck to start a new front page! And a better safety solution for the future ..

With the best regards
    Wilfried from
  3. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Congrats to the lamer who picks on people who have done no one wrong. :(
  4. Texman

Texman Guest

What did they do to the front page?
  5. rickstef

rickstef Guest

the hackers came in, and changed the front page only, saying we have been hacked, but the rest that is is still up and running and unaffected.

(reminds me of one scene in MIB(the first one) where Agent J shoots the alien in the head, and his head grows back)

6. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Recursive evolution, all the way back to pond life.....

Tim P
  7. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Better make sure the forums are backed up.

This has beeen done to a few other favorite sites of mine.
  8. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I would be honored to provide a 'graphical' rejuvenation of the front page for free if you are interested.
  9. goney3

goney3 Member

Okay, this front-page thing is seriously driving me nuts... any chance we can put up a temporary one? Its been a week now, clicking on the link is making me have nervous tendencies. :razz:
  10. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Hmmm...the clocks do run at a different speed in California, it's been half a week or so here. ;-)
  11. Gil

Gil Active Member

Guess it would be good to get the front page going again as Tim's returning to his pond, Goney is angsting at the seams, Steve0's willing to freebie the item and Rick is watching the clock..., this is beginning to get serious...,

12. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Er, thanks Gil!! I meant the scum who dinged the front page were pond life, not me!! Mind you, as I still can't program my VCR (that is what kids are for) I must be at the 'living under a stone' stage. And yes, I do blink in the sunlight...

Tim P
  13. goney3

goney3 Member

Has it been a week yet? ;)
  14. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I'm gonna try to slot some time at the end of the week and create a temp front page for this site.

If so I will submit it. You can do whatever you wish with it... put it up,print it out, burn it, dance around the fire, pee on the ashes.... lol whatever you like.

15. Al hazlet

Al hazlet Member

I guess I never look at the front page -- I didn't realize it was still down (my bookmark is to the Forums page).
  16. Gil

Gil Active Member

An Unkempt Site!

Yes, they have day jobs and evidently night jobs too..., I was going to say a lot more but suddenly remembered that it's all free and complaining would be a tad on the blemished side.

What a predicament!

Now as I was saying about the fine and honorable administration that has been shown by the sites principles has no equal, is of the very finest value and will yield the reader with ample amusement and contentment. They have relished us with their masterful wit and allowed us to while away our frivolous hobbies to our most wild abandon. And while we are at it let's not forget their names...,

Anybody remember their names? Egads & Gadzooks!...,

17. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Just what in the hell is wrong with you? Did you forget to take your prozac or something? First of all, there is only one person with the power to put up a new front page and no, I will not defend him at this point and say he is doing a great job, but I, like you, have no idea of what his life is like. So degrading him and the other administrator, one Rick Steffers, who is just as upset with the look of this site, isn't going to get a new front page up. I know Rick has made attempts to get a timetable on the repair job. Whether or not that information has been relayed to him, I don't know. But I can assure you, if Rick knows anything he can tell us, he would tell us.

In the meantime, about the only thing which isn't "easily" accessed currently, is the advertisers on the front page...and if I were one of them and paying for the space, I would be the one in the forefront complaining to he who controls the front page. Otherwise, click the link that says Cardmodel Forums on the spartan front page and use the menu selections at the top of the page for navigating...especially the one titled "New Posts."

And then, sit back, relax, read, take your prozac or whatever, but be patient. Good things come to he who waits.

Ashrunner, a patient one sometimes
  18. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

19. Gil

Gil Active Member

Sense of Humor? Anyone Seen It Lately?

No apologies needed..., your sense of humor seems to have evaporated. If you reread it you just might perceive the humor in it. If not I apologize for the attempt failing...,

P.S. We are now on the second week of the site being in an unkempt state.
  20. hpept

hpept Member

to all,
    i kept quiet till now about this front page cracking, but reading the previous post, i have to say to all the impatient people that setting up a new site, with a new design, can be really time consuming. Since is a sort of homemade meeting point, where people come to exchange some words for no charge, i wouldn't complain too much. The webmaster is not paid to update the page, and i'm sure he already have alot of pressure on his shoulders (he is a user too and wants the site back and running soon, like everyone else).
    I suggest to just be patient and be happy to be able to enjoy the forums. Imagine if they were screwed up like the front page... what would you do then??!!

p.s: i'm not referring to anyone in particular, so no polemics , please....