Front kickup/antidive & Rear antisquat pivot block

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by blackwolf42, Mar 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackwolf42

blackwolf42 New Member

I'd like to ask any experienced XXX4 racers out there some questions about the different pivot blocks that can be used on the XXX4 G+.

I am running the stock setup 7.5 degree pivot block on the front, and the 3 degree block in the rear.

I've read what Losi wrote in the manual about the use of different blocks, but I would like some clarification. What will changing the angles (using different blocks) do for handling? I know there is no real 'best' setting, but I would like to know how changing the angles will affect handling (jumping, turning, etc.)

I run on a track where everybody prefers worn out tires; slicks. The track is very moist, and has incredible traction. You can't spin the tires with 4WD.

Any and all information will be appreciated. Thanks :)
  2. mastmec

mastmec Member

Rear anti-squat, more gives you more forward traction and more off-power steering and tend to jump nose high. Less anti-squat you get less forward traction and more side bite and give you more of an arc when jumping. Less anti-squat is good for high bite tracks.
    Front pivot blocks- less will make the buggy seam twitchy and with a lot of oversteer, more will be the opposite, easy to drive. Everything depends on how you drive, if you drive very smooth, you can set it up to be very aggressive and it will do what you want it to.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.