From The Bucyrus Railfan

brakie

Here's some more NS action in Bucyrus as well as a W&LE train rolling through town.Yup another busy cloudy day with rain showers..
Picture-001-4.jpg

Picture-003-3.jpg

Picture-005-6.jpg

Picture-006-5.jpg

railohio

Great catch with the Wheeling, Larry!

I snagged one a few years ago while in Marion. I heard him on the radio with the dispatcher, ran up to Nevada to intercept, and then chased to Upper.

brakie

The Wheeling rolls through town every day..If it goes to Lima today it will return tomorrow but,the time isn't set could be in the morning or the afternoon...The CF&E is still evading me..I have found out they go to Crestline and they also switch Transco here in town...The Spore turn is usually powered by CSX units out of Crestline.
There is a NS train that runs every day and has nothing but 50 and 60 foot boxcars.I am sure this train runs from Bellevue to Hardin yard in Ontario and returns to Bellevue.I call this train the GM turn.NS still keeps 2 units at Hardin to switch the GM plant.
I haven't checked Oak St. yard in quite some time.

railohio

The Ontario job sounds like something I've seen in Attica and Marion on more than a few occasions.

What industries does the CF&E serve east of Bucyrus? It was my impression that only run-through grain trains went all the way to Crestline. I could see stone trains going that way, too, if they are for a destination on CSX.

brakie

Brian,There is a company that receives cover hoppers in Crestline located off the old PRR yard.I have seen a lot of CN covered hoppers there..They also switch West Side feeds here in Bucyrus.As far as the Spore trains I have only seen CSX power assigned to these trains..My son and Daughter has reported seeing CF&E units heading toward Cristline and described the units to a T as far as paint schemes my son calls them a geep my daughter calls them the red and gray locomotives.

I keep hearing a rumor the I & O has trackage rights to from Upper Sandusky to Greenwhich.Via the CSX to Carey and then W&LE to Greenwhich..They use CF&E from Lima...Know any thing about this? I already know both roads are owned by RA.

That "GM Turn" usually has 50-70 cars.Your picture shows a short turn..Also there are at least 4 other freight trains that use the old connector

railohio

Wheeling has trackage rights to Lima to the I&O over CSX and CFE. They used to hold right from Carey down to Upper and over to Lima but never exercised those. After the CFE took over the line CSX adjusted the trackage rights from Greenwich down to Crestline.

brakie

Yeah,that lag bites me in the caboose if I gawk to long before taking the picture..:cry:

BTW The 103 went to Lima Saturday..It should return today.

brakie

Rather then start a new topic I will add these pictures I took this morning while "resting" on my daily-well all most daily-walk.

Picture-004-7.jpg

Picture-003-4.jpg

Picture-006-6.jpg